295 Field Hill Rd
The successful candidate will apply process engineering knowledge to support development, scale-up, and technology transfer of clinical and commercial purification processes. Roles and responsibilities
- Provide on-the-floor technical support when required for successful scale-up or transfer of process technology
- Use strong written and verbal communication skills in technical writing and presentations
- Represent Process Development and interface with other functions such as Process Development, Manufacturing, Quality, Validation and Regulatory
- Design and perform experiments in the lab/pilot-plant to resolve technical issues observed during scale-up to or manufacturing at large scale when required per project
Master's degree and 3 years of Engineering experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Engineering experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Engineering experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Engineering experience Preferred Qualifications
- Experience related to upstream (cell culture) / downstream (purification) process development/characterization, technology transfer, scale-up, and manufacturing of biologics (cGMP)
- Experience working with contract manufacturers
- Possess advanced understanding of regulatory and cGMP requirements
- Able to apply engineering principles and statistical analysis, including design of experiments, in-order to solve processing issues and evaluate opportunities for process improvements
- Able to manage project resources and elevate relevant issues to project lead and line management
- Independently motivated but also work well in team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: biochemistry, bioengineering, biological engineer, bioprocess, biosynthetic, genetic, metabolic, molecular, msat, parenteral
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...