Join our family of dedicated, highly skilled associates at St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside. As the flagship location for St. Vincent's HealthCare, St. Vincent's Riverside is a 528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients. Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Why join Ascension?
* Caring Team: Working together as a team, our associates are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family.
* More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
* Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
What you will do:
* Perform proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
* Investigate, document and manage security incidents and hazards.
* Maintain knowledge/follow policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
* Train and mentor staff on environment of care and emergency management processes and procedures. Provide information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
* Provide for traffic and parking enforcement within campus area and participates in foot and vehicle patrols.
* Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
What you will need:
* Preferred Credentials: * BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
* Drivers License credentialed from the Florida Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
* Security Guard.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Security experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: canine detection, guard, loss control, loss prevention, patrol, public safety, public safety officer, safety report, unarmed, watchman
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.