Premium Pay- Temporary- Labor & Delivery RN- Registered Nurse
Compensation: $60,050.00 - $79,160.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
We Are Hiring
Title: Premium Pay- Temporary- Labor & Delivery RN- Registered Nurse
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas Midtown Hospital
Department: Labor and Delivery
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Rotating
Pay: Up to $63.00 per hour depending on shift
Why Join Ascension?
About Saint Thomas Midtown:
Largest obstetrical program in Tennessee, region and Ascension Health with 6,600 births annually
58,000+ ED visits
State of the art, newly renovated orthopedic institute
Newly opened comprehensive cancer institute
Robust robotic surgical program
What Ascension Saint Thomas has to offer:
Power of Purpose:
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Culture of Teamwork:
We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Ascension Saint Thomas provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Ascension Saint Thomas, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges.
Ascension Saint Thomas is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What You Will Do
This is a Premium Pay position similar to a Travel role with pay of up to $63.00 per hour depending on shift. As a Temporary/Contract Labor & Delivery RN at Saint Thomas Midtown you will help deliver healthy babies and get moms through the process safely. You are doing what some might consider the most important nursing job of all - bringing new lives into this world. You must be flexible and available to work any day or shift that is needed.
* Monitors both the baby's and mother's vital signs including heart rate and blood pressure
* Times contractions
* Identifies and assists with handling complications
* Helps administer medications and epidurals
* Aids in inducing labor
* Coaches new mother throughout the duration of the labor and delivery
* Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's care needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition 'Compact State' obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
* Must have at least two years of hospital experience
* Prior Labor & Delivery experience is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: asn, care unit, intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, nurse, nurse clinical, recovery, registered nurse, surgical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...