We Are Hiring
Aide - Residential Rehab - RC Other Services 001 - Part-Time, Night - Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus, Neurological Rec System - 34023 - Rochester Hills, MI - Associate generally works 11:15pm - 7:15 am. Sunday - Saturday. Every other weekend is required. Some holiday hours are required.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As a Residential Rehab Aide with Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, you will have the opportunity to provide informal training and direct care to clients based on person-centered plans, individual needs/requests and daily household operations.
- Supervise, train, and/or assist client in accordance with the person-centered plan, including personal care, recreation, and reinforcement of individual habilitation objectives.
- Assure client's personal property and adaptive equipment is clean and in good order including wheel chair, clothing and living space. Plan, schedule and transport clients to work, appointments and community activities.
- Document routine medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians and/or health care professionals.
- Assist individuals with meal preparation and encourages good nutritional habits and adherence to prescribed diets.
- Instruct, assist and supervise residential participants in their daily therapeutic home programs and non-program activities. Assist participants in completing basic activities of daily living such as: toileting, bathing, dressing, eating, etc. Collaborate with participants regarding employment in order to achieve optimal work performance. This may include \"job coaching\" - assisting participants on-the-job, as directed.
- Responsible for follow-through and documentation of residential participant programs recommended by professional staff in the residential participant's individualized plan of treatment. Complete daily/weekly/monthly documentation. Oversee and document the residential participant's emotional, physical, cognitive and social status.
- Supervise, administer when necessary, and document residential participant medication programs on a daily basis. Administer medications as prescribed in accordance with State of MI licensing guidelines. May be responsible for re-ordering medications or reporting the need for refill to the Supervisor. Attend and assiss with providing information during participant's physician appointments. Ensure all prescriptions, orders, etc. are delivered to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Accompany and transport residential participants to appointments, out trips or other outings. Assist in the maintenance of the facility. Complete meal preparation as needed. Perform all other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider certification through the American Heart Association or Adult CPR through the American Red Cross required within 30 days of hire/transfer date.
- Valid Michigan Driver's License required.
- First Aid certification through either the American Red Cross or American Heart Association required within 90 days of hire/transfer date.
- High school diploma or equivalent required College coursework in a therapy related or human services field preferred
- 1 year of experience working with disabled or brain injured individuals preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: ...@stjohn.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: certified, certified home health aide, clinical, delivery room, dialysis, elderly, lds, nursing assistant, patient care, wh4