We Are Hiring
Sonography Technologist - Ascension St John Hospital - Macomb Township, MI - Part-Time,Rotating - The regular hours for this position are Monday-Thursday 430-830p and every other Saturday 8a-430p
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As a Sonography Technologist with Ascension St John Hospital, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
- Set up and adjust all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implement safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Perform routine and complex studies and assist physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognize significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Provide effective patient education by explaining procedures and exams to patient.
- Accurately and legibly provides preliminary data including patient demographics, history and study findings.
- Assist with training of cardiology fellows/students to develop skills in performance of echo studies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Registered by or registry eligible with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) required. If registry eligible, must obtain within 12 months of hire date OR Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) certification required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Ultrasound Technology or Vascular Technology or pending graduation from an approved Ultrasound Technology or Vascular Technology program by hire/transfer date required
- 1 year of experience in a hospital setting preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the \"EEO is the Law\" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: dietetic, food scientist, histology, immuno oncology, immunoassay, medicine, pharmacology, pharmacy, therapeutic, virus