Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer's first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 58 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,600 employees.
Unistrut Construction, part of Mechanical Products and Solutions is a Chicago based subcontractor with approximately 250 employees and branches in major cities across the US and in Canada. Specializing in Healthcare, High-Tech and Datacom new construction and renovation work, we are licensed nationwide with expertise in Design, Engineering, and Installation services.
We are currently searching for a Regional Construction Manager at our Hillsborough, NJ location.
Reporting to the Director of Project Management, the Regional Construction Manager's primary focus will be leading a team consisting of project managers, drafters, field superintendents/foreman, and engineers to design, fabricate and install metal framing, including but not limited to, medical supports, grids, and miscellaneous Unistrut applications.
This position will be responsible for overseeing installation projects, control of project labor, material procurement, project efficiencies/productivity, and overall project costs. Ensure all projects meet or beat initial contract estimates and company expectations for margins and EBIT. This position will oversee the operations of the region including the direct reporting of Project Managers, Superintendents/Foremen, and Construction Administrator. Accountability for Drafting, Estimating, and Sales teams with overall P/L accountability for the associated Region.
* Directs all phases of project management including procurement/contracting, bid completion, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closeout phases of the project.
* Drive safety initiatives and expectations for the region.
* Maintain/oversee daily office operations; full support of staff along with associated operating costs.
* Assist Regional Sales Managers: power point presentations/lunch & learns, quote negotiations, scope reviews, Dodge/CMD opportunity search, and prospecting emails.
* Review and approval of opportunities/quotes within your Delegation of Authority (DOA)
* Key focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, safety and quality.
* Drive improvements in gross margin attained on construction projects through the use of lean tools and concepts.
* Through the Project Managers, determine schedule and track progress on all projects.
* Lead and participate in coordination meetings with all internal and external team members. Make necessary decisions on issues that arise. Monitor the pre-construction team's schedule and quality control process. Initiate appropriate action, if necessary.
* Analyze and approve final bids that make up the final estimate for a project. Assess risks relative to subcontractor pricing, schedules, and bonding requirements. Conduct final budget analysis against corporate budget before construction begins.
* Monitor project costs against final approved budget. Initiate appropriate action, if necessary.
* Forecast regional revenue and margin expectations on a weekly basis.
* Visit Construction Sites Routinely during the course of a project, the site visits would include observing construction activity to verify conformance with the contract documents, quality of workmanship, and safety. Identify and document any deficiencies.
* Responsible for tracking performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating direct reports and regional group.
* Directly or indirectly responsible for hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation for direct reports and work group.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management or other related functional areas
* A minimum 10 years of experience in construction management or related fields, including construction inspection, estimating, scheduling, and project controls
* Experience leading and managing a large team of project managers and field installers.
* Approximately 25% Travel
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly learn internal software and programs (eCMS, Salesforce, Procore)
* All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore's culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Associated topics: consultant, gcc, healthcare, project, project manager, public, public works, scheduler, site, supervisor