Job Description:Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4 months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates! If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Averitt has opportunities for professional dedicated drivers to help serve our bedding customer in Jacksonville, FL!This full-time position entails:
- Average 2,600-2,700 miles per week; with a guaranteed minimum of 1,950 miles per week (as long as available to work all five days of the week).
- Average up to $60k per year
- Stop pay= $21.25/ stop; average 15-20 stops per week; each stop averaging 45 minutes
- Average 4 loads per week
- Home multiple times during the week and each weekend!
- Leave out on Sunday or Monday with 1st
- Coverage area to include: Georgia, Florida (only as far south as Orlando), Alabama & South Carolina.
- Local runs (100 miles) may be available to supplement income.
- Assigned Volvo & Freightliner tractors.
- Pickup preloaded trailers of mattresses, frames and box springs from customer's distribution center.
- No loading, driver assist with unloading.
- Deliver to warehouses.
- Delivery times are typically scheduled between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
- Possible backhauls of returning product when empty & returning to Waycross.Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is .41 cpm; top-out at .42 cpm within 1 year
_____________________________Paid Training Programs:Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated
from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn $4,800 tuition assistance bonus!Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 /month.Trainee:
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR
have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-5 weeks. After training you will start at .41 cpm.
_____________________________Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL
starting as low as:$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverageWith the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness programs available
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: cdl a, cdl a driving, choferes clase a, class a driver, company driving solo, dedicated truck, dedicated truck driver, dry van otr trucking, otr company, regional driving