Every day, we deliver innovative solutions at the forefront of fintech that help businesses better serve their customers, expand their business, protect themselves from fraud, and reimagine commerce. Formed in 2009 by powerhouse brands Bank of America and First Data, we ve grown to process more than 16 billion transactions at approximately 529,000 merchant locations in 2017 alone. We re a leader with deep expertise and momentum.
Bank of America Merchant Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
The Small Business Sales Performance Manager (SPM) is a senior level professional individual contributor reporting directly to the Sales Performance Executive responsible for driving performance out of a division of approximately 60-100 associates. The manager creates competitive sales plans to achieve and exceed area objectives. This is a multi-incumbent job assigned to one (and in some cases assigned a dual role) in the following areas: a field division, inside sales by sites and/or retention. The role of the SPM is to provide timely feedback through observation in the field to the Sales Performance Executive and BAMS Small Business Sales Channel leaders on performance, sales activity, and channel strategy opportunities and concerns. In addition, this individual coaches market leaders and sales force to continuously improve sales performance through high quality customer experience and consistent execution of sales processes and fulfillment, delivering significantly more quality relationships, and in turn, revenue. The SPM is tasked with improving sales force effectiveness and productivity by applying talent analytics to hiring, resource planning, performance management, and top talent retention. The position ensures that associates receive focused sales training to improve their performance with effective and professional representation of brand and offerings. This position will be responsible for gathering associate feedback and customer insights on messages, offers, merchandising, and collateral to improve awareness of offerings and elevate sales.
- Partner with the Sales Performance Executive and Regional Sales Executive to create and maintain a tactical plan to exceed the Line of Business plan appropriate to needs of geography and market make up.
- Provide and receive timely feedback to Sales Performance Executives, Division Executives, and Market Sales Managers on performance, sales activity, channel strategy opportunities, and concerns. Coaching coaches; modeling behavior; observing, providing feedback of manager s activities/routines.
- Coach managers (and in some cases also coach associates) to identify behaviors/activities required from market leaders and sales force to continuously improve sales performance through high quality customer experience and consistent execution of sales processes and fulfillment, delivering significantly more quality relationships, and in turn, revenue. Manages and develops strategies and makes recommendations on how to close the sales performance gaps and implements coaching plans.
- Improve sales force effectiveness and productivity by applying talent analytics to hiring, resource planning, performance management, and top talent retention. Assist in the selection and on-boarding of all talent in the region.
- Reinforce training, particularly to managers, to improve banker and specialist performance with effective, professional representation of brand and offerings and support delivery of exceptional client experience and operational excellence.
- Partner with Field Specialists and associates managers to ensure that high opportunity associates are receiving appropriate focus and that client planning activities are taking place by regularly attending client face to face meetings with Merchant Specialists.
- Gather associate feedback and customer insights on messages, offers, merchandising, and collateral to improve awareness of offerings and elevate sales. Communicates sales/marketing policies, decisions and updates to associates.
- Act as regional liaison to the Sales Performance team, local Consumer and One Team partners, and subject matter experts regarding Sales Performance key initiatives as well as associate and manager training curriculum.
- Represent Bank of America Corporate Small Business and general brand in the community.
- Ability to drive strategic and operational initiatives within team and external partners
- Effective planning, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with multiple managers, competing priorities, dual accountability to National Sales Performance results and local market needs
- Strong at developing partnerships with Bank of America Corporate leaders and associates and developing credibility within One Team structure
- Strong communications, including oral and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain productive relationships with key business partners
- Proven ability to think creatively in identifying opportunities to drive revenue growth
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Marketing a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters preferred.
- 10-12+ years of progressively responsible sales experience in the merchant services industry or 5-8 years of experience in similar sales industry (small business, B2B environment).
- 3-5 years experience in a senior management role
- Sales leadership experience with proven ability to consistently drive differentiated sales results
- Working knowledge of Bank of America Merchant Services data infrastructure, leverage data and observation to drive programs results
- Extensive merchant services product knowledge
- Microsoft Office Suite products, especially Excel
- Merchant sales associates call plan
- Lead lists
- Client profiles completed by merchant sales associates
- Client research tools (e.g. Vertical IQ, Map Anything, etc.)
- SPIN Selling consultation
- Call Plans / Agendas
- Bank of America Merchant Services and Bank of America Corporate Client Experience, production, risk reporting
- Microsoft Office
Standard office environment: Work typically involves close visual acuity on a computer to access, view, read, prepare and analyze data and other written communications.
Infrequent travel may occasionally be required for training or meetings.
- Responsible for supporting regulatory requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other Anti-Money Laundering laws, rules, and regulations.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, performance standards, measurements, skills or requirements associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change.
Bank of America Merchant Services ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
The employer will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the employer s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Segment: Performance Management, Bank, Banking, Manager, Marketing Manager, Human Resources, Finance, Management, Marketing
Associated topics: administrative, branch manager, leader, management, principal, sales director, sales management, shift lead, team lead, team leader