Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-###-####. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Maintains primary ownership of cases during the underwriting process which requires engaging in frequent communication and coordination between life insurance agents, life insurance carriers, and internal resources. Responsible for setting their agent's expectations appropriately and providing a World Class Customer Service experience throughout the process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Receives and reviews new insurance applications for missing information, i.e., forms, signatures, policy criteria, etc., prior to submission to the insurance carrier
2. Orders, and reviews underwriting requirements including Attending Physician Statements, Inspection Reports, Motor Vehicle Reports, supplemental forms and other medical requirements for submission to the carrier
3. Conducts regular follow-up via phone primarily and email and/or fax secondarily, on all outstanding underwriting requirements.
4. Organizes and prioritizes workload to ensure case is processed, issued, and placed in a timely manner while maintaining frequent communication to manage customer expectations appropriately
5. Maintains internal processing database to document work activity and communication on all assigned cases
6. Acts as a conduit for all issues associated with a case to include coordination with all internal departments
7. May have responsibility for reviewing issued insurance policy for accuracy before mailing to insurance agent
8. Follows-up with insurance agents on policy delivery requirements, including application amendments, health statements, insurance premium etc., to ensure policy is placed within specified timeframe
9. Taking initiative to review other than applied for offers on term cases to determine if alternatives exist
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
2. Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
3. Effective time management skills
4. Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced sales environment
5. Capable of working independently as well as in a team environment
6. Ability to work in a self-directed fashion
7. Experience with PC's in a Windows environment
8. Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and the ability to navigate and utilize the Internet
9. Proficiency with office equipment including fax machines, copiers, telephone systems, etc.
10. Four year college degree in business or a related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
11. 2+ years of customer service experience
12. 1-2 years of Life insurance experience preferred
13. Demonstrated history of relationship management success
14. Ability to work without close supervision and to exercise independent judgment and problem solving in a professional area
15. Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
16. Strong attention to detail and accuracy
17. Ability to communicate precisely and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external customers alike
18. Ability to react to change in a productive and positive manner
19. Ability and willingness to support team to accomplish team goals
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Associated topics: advocate, behavioral, casework, counselor, field, lcsw, social worker, substance, tirr, women
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.