Loading some great jobs for you...
Chubb is the world s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Summary and Scope
This position will lead, direct and manage the field property claims process for a team of property field adjusters in the mid-Atlantic Region. This individual will report into a mid-Atlantic Regional Discipline Manager for Field Property Claims. The position will have regular interaction with other functional disciplines at both a corporate and claim region level. Key responsibilities and essential skills are listed below.
- Confer with Chubb Senior Leadership team on individual exposures, developing trends, and trends within the industry and legal environment.
- Directly supervise field property claims staff consisting of 5 to 7 outside field adjusters, including the completion of performance reviews and recommendation of annual compensation.
- Segment property claim activity in the region by loss size and complexity, with the most complex losses and/or losses connected to the bigger accounts handled by more senior adjusters.
- Monitor daily workflow of claims within the unit to ensure service and compliance levels being adhered to.
- Track and monitor customer service surveys to ensure service guidelines are being met.
- Perform minimum of two quality reviews on members of the unit each month.
- Coordinate the contracts, policies, procedures of service providers required to service all accounts properly.
- Manage a portfolio of highly technical, highly service oriented claims. Escalate any anomalies and make recommendations to address the situation in proper resolution of the claim. Negotiate settlement of claims to bring them to a successful conclusion. This may involve policy holders, other professionals, insurers, loss adjusters, brokers, agents, solicitors and third parties by letter, telephone, meetings or depositions. Partner with actuarial, Regional Vice Presidents, underwriting, risk consulting, and other parties as required to ensure excellent service and appropriate issue resolution.
- As part of the cross-functional leadership team, manage, analyze, and provide insights to this team regarding trends and observations identified during claims settlement, reporting patterns and forecasted development during severe weather or cat events, and recommendations to the pre-loss assessments or gathered underwriting information that may aid portfolio, quality of risk and post-loss management.
- Provide supervision to direct staff to ensure appropriate service and performance levels. Provide coaching, training and development opportunities for staff. Ensure talent is built throughout the team.
- Develop goals and complete performance management plans (PMPS) for direct staff and recommend annual compensation levels
- Work within the framework of Chubb ethical and service standards. Full-fill compliance and regulatory requirements (including complaints procedure). Take responsibility for the control mechanisms which are in place and ensure the team is fully aware and engaged in them.
- Role requires technical expertise and prior experience in property and casualty claims handling. Experience and competency in claims reporting and analysis is required.
- Travel is estimated at 20-30%.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent education; Advanced degree preferred
- Designation preferred, i.e. CPCU, SCLA, AIC, etc.
- Demonstrated management and leadership capabilities
- Minimum of 5-7 years of personal lines claims handling experience, particular with high profile/net worth individuals.
- Prior management responsibilities is helpful, but not essential
- Extensive coverage/contract knowledge
- Strong analytical and investigative skills;
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Strong abilities in coverage application, litigation, contractual relationships, 50-state jurisdictional exposures, and high exposure claims resolution
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including large-group presentation skills
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Philadelphia - 436 Walnut StPhiladelphia19106Claims
Travel-Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting-Nov 28, 2016, 9:02:52 AM * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...