- Daiichi Sankyo
- $175,290.00 -175,290.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
11-16 Plaza Rd
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.Job Summary:
This position is primarily responsible for budgeting and forecasting, analysis, strategic planning, internal reporting, ad hoc reporting and analysis, and change management initiatives. Also responsible for expense control procedures and management reporting capabilities. Develops and maintains a working relationship with the internal project team(s) and team leader(s). Provides guidance to them during the annual and quarterly forecast updates. On a monthly basis prepares actual versus budget spending reports and communicates to relevant team leaders. Proactively investigates the reasons for any deviations from forecasted spending. Proficient in economic modeling (DCF/ROI etc...) and has the ability to prepare financial analysis for ad-hoc project requests. Experience in supporting R&D organizations is required. Coordinates co-development reconciliation and invoicing. Provides support to the portfolio prioritization process and serve as global coordinator with activities with Japan (forecast updates, special projects, etc).
The person will be required to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in order to build and manage effective working relationships throughout the organization and provide financial support to all departments.Responsibilities:
- Project Planning and Forecasting - Manages and is accountable for the development of Clinical Project Budget templates in support of early phase and Phase II clinical studies. Partner with GPM group and R&D Planning group in Japan to ensure all schedules are prepared and consolidated for the annual GEMRAD Prioritization process. Accountable to IPT for the control and reporting of GEMRAD approved budgets.
- Quarterly Latest Estimate(\"LE\") -Develops and prepares detailed analysis of variances, risks & opportunities, trending analysis along with KPI's. Effectively uses and communicates key findings and presents recommendations to Senior Regional and Global Finance Leaders.
- Mid Term Plan (MTP) - Manages and is accountable for developing and building strategic planning and forecasting models in support of the organization's MTP process.
- Management Reporting - Manages and is accountable for the development, consolidation, preparation, and distribution of management reports on a timely basis. Utilizes results to drives timely management decisions. This position will work with the Sr. Director, Finance to understand the needs of senior management, and create new analysis and/or reporting packages that meet those needs.
- Special Projects/Change Management - Accountable for the development and implementation of new processes, procedures and/or systems to improve organizational efficiencies and cost controls. Responsible for the development and management of other ad hoc special projects as they arise. Assists in developing solutions and decisions aligned with organizational strategies and objectives.
- Financial Systems and Controls - Assist the Sr. Finance staff with recommendations and implementation on new and existing systems utilized by the Global Development Finance group to improve the Global budgeting and forecasting process. Coordination with all functional areas impacted including Legal, Outsourcing, Project Management and Commercial Operations. Liaison to Parent Company in Japan.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education/Experience:
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Bachelor's Degree preferred (Finance/Accounting) or commensurate experience
- 8 plus years in a business environment
- 8 plus years Accounting Experience
- Previous experience supporting R&D organizations
- Business partnering
- Sense of Urgency
- Results & Performance driven
- Problem Solving
- Strong SAP system experience
Ability to travel up to 10%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Title
Associate Director, Financial Analysis & Budget Management (FABM)City
Basking RidgeFunctional Area
Associated topics: associate director, chief investment officer, director finance, financial director, general manager, general operational manager, general operations manager, president, senior director, supply
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...