Industry: Law Enforcement - Security Officer/Guard
Type: Full Time
$27,230.00 - 40,890.00
DK Security is Michigan's fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients.
DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field, and we cannot wait to have you join our team!
DK Security is recruiting for the position of Security Officers in Traverse City, MI. You will find the job description listed below. Please review the position carefully. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please follow the instructions listed below to complete our online application.
TITLE: Uniform Security Officers
REPORTS TO: Site Supervisor or Operations Manager
* Rate of Pay: Starting pay is $12.00/hour
* Benefits include: Medical (eligibility requirements apply), Dental, Vision, Term/Whole/Supplemental Life, On & Off The Job Accident, and Paid Medical Leave
2nd (4pm-12am) / 3rd (12am-8am) Shift
SCOPE: Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site's building, grounds, assets, employees, students and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires and natural disasters, as well as providing outstanding customer service.
* Will work in a Uniform, Billable capacity 16-32+ hours per week.
* Must provide excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
* Guard posts this may include building lobbies or reception areas.
* Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television.
* Conduct hourly foot patrol of interior and exterior to check entrances, doors, windows and vents are locked and secure against break-ins (includes climbing stairs).
* Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
* Check for employee and vendor identifications.
* Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
* Inspect vehicles and packages as well as monitor deliveries.
* May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
* Must follow and enforce site specific post guidelines.
* Document daily activities and incident reports.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
* Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent (some college is preferred).
* Must be of good moral character and have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, illegal substances, multiple alcohol related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
* Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and annually thereafter.
* Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. ability to adhere to our Appearance and Grooming policy).
* Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
* Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
* Knowledgeable and skilled in use of computers/technology; specifically Microsoft office products, internet, and email. Ability to quickly learn and utilize security specific and company specific software programs.
* Prior experience with CCTV and access control systems is preferred.
* Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to various locations.
* Must have a clean driving record with less than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years, less than 2 at-fault accidents in the last 3 years, and no other major violations in the last 3 years.
* Must be willing to become CPR/1st Aide/AED Certified (prior certification is preferred).
* Physical Requirements:
* Must be physically and mentally sound
* Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
* Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
* Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-12 hour shifts, including walking long distances, and possibly up and down stairs
* Must be readily able to respond to emergency situations
* Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons
* Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments.
* Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
* Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
* Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on the individual's race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, height, weight, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status. Associated topics: alarm, explosive detection, monitor, patrol, protect, school, surveillance, unarmed, university, watchman