Elanco is a global animal health company that develops products and knowledge services to prevent and treat disease in food animals and pets in more than 90 countries. With a 64-year heritage, we rigorously innovate to improve the health of animals and benefit our customers, while fostering an inclusive, cause-driven culture for more than 5,800 employees. At Elanco, we're driven by our vision of food and companionship enriching life - all to advance the health of animals, people and the planet. Learn more at www.elanco.com
The Associate Scientist will use their skills and knowledge in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry to discover and optimize biopharmaceuticals and vaccines. The incumbent will participate in biotherapeutic molecule research efforts (e.g., monoclonal antibodies) in the Elanco Research Laboratories by supporting early discovery and molecular engineering programs. This work will leverage automated high to medium throughput robotics platforms, and experience with protein/antibody library screening or protein/antibody display platforms will be of significant benefit. This position is laboratory-based and will require routine interaction with senior scientists across multiple discovery and core research laboratories at Elanco. The incumbent scientist will be expected to support multiple projects at any given time, and therefore must possess superb documentation and organizational skills. The ability to independently execute experiments and a drive to contribute to a larger team is essential.
Functions, Duties, Task:
- Utilize automation platforms for medium/high-throughput screening of protein variants
- Utilize protein/antibody libraries and/or protein display platforms
- Transiently transfect suspension cell cultures for protein assessment studies
- Isolate and/or clone cells (including primary cells) by limited dilution or FACs
- Systematically evaluate vector sets and protocols for protein engineering, including library construction, panning/selection, and affinity assessments
- Support evaluation of new platform technologies
- Demonstrate proficiency at data reporting, interpretation, and trending.
- Demonstrate good documentation skills for both raw data and protocol development.
48693BR Basic Qualifications
- Minimum BS degree in a relevant scientific discipline (molecular biology, microbiology, cell biology, immunology, or biochemistry)
- At least 2 years of experience working on R&D projects in the human or animal health industries.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- High personal ethical and quality standards.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- MS degree and demonstrable subject matter expertise in a relevant scientific discipline
- Proven project leadership skills
- Knowledge and experience in handling 293 and CHO suspension cell cultures
- Knowledge and experience in the use of automated liquid handling systems
- Knowledge and experience in protein-display platforms (phage, yeast, etc.)
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: biochemistry, bioinformatic, biological engineer, biomaterials, bioprocess, bioprocessing, metabolic, msat, neuro, neuroscience