Position: Calibration Technician/Entry Level Opportunity - San Diego
Job Id: 1045
# of Openings: 1
Eppendorf is looking for a Calibration Technician in the San Diego area.Eppendorf is a leading life science company that develops and sells instruments, consumables, and services for liquid-, sample-, and cell handling in laboratories worldwide. Eppendorf products are used in academic and commercial research laboratories, e.g., in companies from the pharmaceutical and biotechnological as well as the chemical and food industries.Eppendorf's Calibration Technicians service our liquid handling instrumentation to in conformance to agreed specifications while providing premium customer service. Technicians provide quality assurance while maintaining accurate documentation.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible to perform calibration service as assigned at a Service Center to achieve group-based annual goals
- Service components include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assemble, clean, calibrate and repair liquid handling instrumentation through the attachment and/or installation of mechanical/electronic parts.
- Executes the determined service product- Follows any established customer protocols, tests instruments to ensure conformance to agreed specifications.
- Determines and completes necessary cleaning, replacement, adjustment or repair.
- Record calibration test measurements in computer database.Prints instrument performance test certificates as required.
- Exercises all safety precautions as required.
- Administrative Excellence. Responsible to ensure service is completed accurately and all system needs are addressed in a timely manner with the proper detail to ensure invoicing and quality management system requirements.
- Maintains required ISO Compliance (including all necessary training certificates) under the direction of the Management team and all of the company's policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Provides premium customer service.Job Requirements
- High School or GED equivalent required, Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Have at least 1-2 years' relevant technical or customer experience (i.e, sales or service); or equivalent military training with at least 1-2 years' relevant technical or customer experience.
- Effectively demonstrates Eppendorf's key competencies in the following ways:
- Customer Focus - building strong relationships across the organization and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Decision Quality - Making well-informed and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Drives Results - Balancing competing priorities without comprising quality. Consistently achieving results with a sense of urgency.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages Ambiguity - Resourceful and resilient; operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful Are you interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity? If so, submit an application online at *****************.*Please note that all documents uploaded to the application must be one of the following file types: .pdf, .docx, or .xlsxEppendorf and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...