Eppendorf is looking for a Distribution Center Manager - Finished Goods in Enfield CT
Eppendorf is a leading life science company that develops and sells instruments, consumables, and services for liquid-, sample-, and cell handling in laboratories worldwide. Eppendorf products are used in academic and commercial research laboratories, e.g., in companies from the pharmaceutical and biotechnological as well as the chemical and food industries.The Distribution Center Manager will manage a team of about 15 employees during the day shift. This hands on manager will work for SAP, run the outbound operations, and have strong employee development, and process improvement skills. Key responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in a manner consistent with our company culture and leads by example.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of distribution center activities with customer service, technical service, purchasing, sales, inventory control, etc.
- Promotes a safe work environment and participates in the planning of personnel safety and plant protection activities. Resolves or reports all unsafe or unsanitary conditions to the Senior Distribution Center Manager. Performs safety inspections and participates in safety committee.
- Establishes operational procedures for distribution center activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and the movement and storage of inventory (coordination of fiscal inventory).
- Responsible for coordination of the outbound operations. Accountable for the performance of the department in meeting the company's targets and operating budget.
- Participate in project planning, development and implementation. Foster ideas and creatively execute them. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; and five to seven years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP experience prefered
- Effectively demonstrates Eppendorf's key competencies in the following ways:
- Customer Focus - building strong relationships across the organization and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Decision Quality - Making well-informed and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Drives Results - Balancing competing priorities without comprising quality. Consistently achieving results with a sense of urgency.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages Ambiguity - Resourceful and resilient; operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Are you interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity? If so, submit an application online at *****************.*Please note that all documents uploaded to the application must be one of the following file types: .pdf, .docx, or .xlsx Eppendorf and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.