Position: Sr. Cost Accountant
Job Id: 1038
# of Openings: 1
Eppendorf is looking Senior Cost Accountant in Enfield CT.
Eppendorf is a leading life science company that develops and sells instruments, consumables, and services for liquid-, sample-, and cell handling in laboratories worldwide. Eppendorf products are used in academic and commercial research laboratories, e.g., in companies from the pharmaceutical and biotechnological as well as the chemical and food industries.
The Sr. Cost Accountant/Analyst will participate in various cost accounting activities, such as stand cost update, project accounting, inventory review and reconciliation, variance analysis. There will be active interaction in this role with operation and Engineering functions to provide financial support/analysis. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of financial and managerial accounting with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.Key responsibilities:
- Month end closing and reporting: perform month-end closing activities, focus on variances review and analysis including purchase price variances and work order variances, inventory related ledger account review and reconciliation, prepare monthly financial reporting packages for management review and quarterly BoD presentations
- Financial planning and analysis: Assist in assemble data for forecast and budget process, prepare reports for management review
- Working within cross-functional team and provide financial analysis/report in supporting operations to identify root causes of issues and improve process efficiency
- Regular review and analysis of inventory adjustments to ensure accurate inventory
- Standard cost maintenance, review of cost component details to ensure accurate STD in the system Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance/Business, Master's Degree preferred
- Seven plus years' related experience
- Advances Excel skills
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Effectively demonstrates Eppendorf's key competencies in the following ways:
- Customer Focus - building strong relationships across the organization and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Decision Quality - Making well-informed and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Drives Results - Balancing competing priorities without comprising quality. Consistently achieving results with a sense of urgency.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages Ambiguity - Resourceful and resilient; operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Are you interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity? If so, submit an application online at *****************.*Please note that all documents uploaded to the application must be one of the following file types: .pdf, .docx, or .xlsx Eppendorf and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...