EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (\"FSO\") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
In a world where sustaining performance has never been more important, our clients look to us for answers. As an Underwriting Insurance Senior Consultant, within the Financial Services Organization help our clients grow and translate their strategy into reality. It's a highly varied area, so whether you're interested in underwriting, product, policy or billing you'll always have an opportunity to work on something new while building from your past experiences.
You'll be a part of EY's purpose of building a better working world, teaming with other professionals and our clients to solve the most complex challenges. Whether developing a target operating model, defining the Property and Casualty insurance technical product architecture, or developing high-level technical requirements, all of our services are provided through our service line delivery methodology. We have the opportunity to provide exceptional client service by bringing the full suite of permitted services to our client responsively. By using relevant service line, area and sector insights, account teams can convert more opportunities into EY engagements and continue winning in the market.
Your key responsibilities
You're likely to spend most of your time on operational aspects of client business. That means developing an in-depth understanding of our clients' unique needs and goals. You will be involved in workshops and meetings in order to develop technical requirements and designs that bring the business goals to life. Since you'll regularly be onsite with our clients, a significant amount of out-of-town travel will be involved in this role.
Skills and attributes for success
* Ability to learn and adapt to new scenarios and circumstances * Collaboration with team members and accepting assignments * Building strong internal and external relationships * Professional maturity and attention to quality * Anticipating team needs * Great communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have
* A bachelor's degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience * A minimum of 2 years of experience working in Property and Casualty (P&C) underwriting commercial lines or specialty lines are preferred; Consulting experience preferred * Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, client service and consulting skills, coupled with a strong interest in further designing, developing and integrating business operations and technology * Ability to research client inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, property and casualty insurance industry practices, and new application technologies * A valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel internationally
Ideally, you'll also have
* Experience with the following vendor products: Adaptik PolicyWriter, DuckCreek, Guidewire Policy, Guidewire Underwriting Management (FirstBest)
What we look for
If you're a natural leader, with a talent for working through complex technical problems, we're interested in you. You'll need to be great at working on a team, ready to listen and confident in challenging the status quo. If you've a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a growing team * A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world * Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training * An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.