National Tax Department Global Payroll Operate Services - Experienced Staff
EY's National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of managed services, domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. Our Global Payroll Operate Services practice operates within NTD, focused on helping our clients effectively manage their global payroll needs proactively and responsibly in 150+ countries where EY provides payroll operate services. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement opportunities within their payroll functions.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive local payroll service experience with a standard global payroll compliance and implementation methodology. With engagements involving a few countries or many, you will have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the payroll function across the entire record-to-report process. The Global Payroll Operate practice is experiencing unprecedented growth, serving multinational clients. Our pipeline is robust, and we anticipate continued growth in the foreseeable future. We believe that by managing clients' payroll obligations we can make a critical difference and you'll be at the heart of this mission.
EY is currently seeking high-potential Staff to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our Global Payroll Operate Services practice. In the Global Payroll Operate practice, we develop outstanding leaders through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. You will develop your career by teaming with other professionals to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, you will play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well, this is just the beginning - because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
* Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations including daily contact with EY local payroll teams to ensure payroll services are delivered on time and accurately
* Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products and responding to queries from clients and internal stakeholders on a timely manner
* Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on global trends, developments and regulations and applying them to moderately complex situations and undertaking non-routine and routine project-type work as requested by clients
* Support the collection of client data as per agreed payroll calendar and other requirements and conduct review
* Ensure the payroll processes/procedure documentation is relevant, up-to-date and is used at all times
* Take ownership of tasks & projects and has ability to make decisions and while having a strong ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
* Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery; keeping team members informed of work status; actively seeking assignments when unassigned; proactively seeking opportunities to provide payroll services; challenging traditional procedures used in the past; and attempting to find new approaches and process improvement opportunities
To qualify for the role you must have
* Bachelor's degree in related field, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, business or finance * 2+ years of relevant payroll and/or tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry * CPP certification or progress toward certification
* Understanding of payroll or other related finance activities * Excellent managerial, organizational and verbal/written communication skills with a proactive approach to problem solving and strong willingness to learn * Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills, detail oriented approach and organizational skills * Experience using and above-average knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Ideally, you'll also have
* Client-facing exposure in a global role
* Fluent in Spanish
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus 13 observed holidays and 3 paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: director finance, finance director, general operations manager, operation, organizational culture, recruit, senior director, supervise, supply, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.