- Ernst & Young LLP
- $91,400.00 -141,030.00/year*
115 Elmhurst Ave
National Tax Department - Global Payroll Operate Services - Senior
The EY National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile national and multinational clients, providing a range of managed services, domestic and international transactional tax planning services, and tax-related advisory services. Our Global Payroll Operate Services practice operates within NTD and is focused on helping our clients effectively manage their global payroll needs proactively and responsibly in the over 150 countries where EY provides payroll operate services. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement opportunities within their payroll functions.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive local payroll service experience with a standard global payroll compliance and implementation methodology. With engagements involving a few countries or many, you will have the opportunity to provide clients with integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the payroll function across the entire record-to-report process. The Global Payroll Operate Services practice is experiencing unprecedented growth serving multinational clients. Our pipeline is robust, and we anticipate continued growth in the foreseeable future. We believe that by managing clients' payroll obligations, we can make a critical difference and you'll be at the heart of this mission.
EY is currently seeking high-potential Seniors to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our Global Payroll Operate Services practice. In the Global Payroll Operate Services practice, we develop outstanding leaders through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. You will develop your career by teaming with other professionals to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and, in so doing, you will play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well, this is just the beginning - because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
* Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations, including daily contact with EY local payroll teams to ensure payroll services are delivered on time and accurately the first time
* Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products and responding to queries from clients and internal stakeholders in a timely manner
* Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client businesses
* Help to develop and guide staff and other junior professionals by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals
* Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on global trends, developments and regulations and applying them to moderately complex situations and undertaking non-routine, complex project-type work as requested by clients
* Exhibit competency in technology by maintaining complex sets of data, reviewing data analytics and analyzing trends, including the collection of data per agreed-upon payroll calendars and other requirements
* Ensure the payroll processes and procedures documentation is relevant, up to date and used at all times
* Take ownership of tasks and projects and demonstrate the ability to make decisions and resolve issues, including the escalation of client and internal partner issues, while having a strong ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
* Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery, keeping team members informed of work status, actively seeking assignments when unassigned, proactively seeking opportunities to provide payroll services, challenging traditional procedures used in the past, and attempting to find new approaches and process improvement opportunities
* Help build the practice by assisting with the scoping of new opportunities and proposal development, as well as participating in oral presentations
To qualify for the role, you must have
* Bachelor's degree in a related field, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, business or finance
* Five or more years of relevant payroll and/or tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
* CPP certification or progress toward certification
* Understanding and exposure to payroll or other related finance activities with a strong willingness to learn
* Excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills with a proactive approach to problem solving
* Strong analytical, interpersonal, project management, written and verbal communication, and organizational skills, with a detail-oriented approach
* Experience using and above-average knowledge of Microsoft Excel and IT concepts
Ideally, you'll also have
* Client-facing exposure in a global role
* Fluency in Spanish
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation, plus 13 observed holidays and 3 paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And, with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...