PROJECT WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER / HYDROGEOLOGIST
De Pere, WI, USA, Duluth, MN 55802, USA, Lake Elmo, MN 55042, USA Req #201
Thursday, November 29, 2018
At Foth, every solution starts with you.
Founded in 1938 in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Foth offers a tradi tion of personalized, client-centered service and smart solutions to a variety of government, industrial and commercial clients.
Our more than 600 employee members deliver technical excellence to our clients in three main areas: Infrastructure, Environment, and Production Solutions. Internally, our members in Foth Shared Services provide support to all Foth companies in the areas of Finance & Accounting, Information Technology, Operations, and Organizational Development.
FOTH INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented PROJECT WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER / HYDROGEOLOGIST who has a desire to contribute to our clients success and is looking for new learning experiences and opportunities for career growth. This position will be working out of our MINNEAPOLIS, MN, DULUTH, MN OR GREEN BAY, WI office.
* Assist in developing and applying numerical groundwater flow and transport models in support of mine permitting, industrial development, and site remediation
* Support hydrogeology and surface water hydrology projects in the mining and environmental services industry
* Assist in developing and applying surface water models involving rainfall runoff/hydrology and open channel hydraulic processes for mine-scale water management planning, including watershed-scale analysis, reservoir evaluation and design, open channels hydraulic design, and hydraulic structures, design, and analysis
* Leading teams in conducting field investigations, including well installation and hydrogeologic logging, aquifer testing, surface water discharge gauging, and geologic mapping
* Assist in performing quantitative analysis of hydrologic and hydrogeologic data, including probabilistic analysis and forecasting
* Develop technical investigation plans for hydrologic characterization of groundwater systems in environments comprised of unconsolidated deposits, sedimentary rock and fractured crystalline rock
* Produce technical reports and memos to support the permitting of natural resource development projects
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Master s degree in Geology, with an emphasis in hydrogeology and/or surface water hydrology
* 5+ years of water resources engineering / hydrogeology experience in mining applications including site characterization, with some numerical analysis
* Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG) licensure
* Previous experience with the following:
* Planning and coordinating hydrogeologic and hydrologic field studies
* Conducting packer and multi-well aquifer testing
* Analyzing field investigation data
* Statistical/probabilistic analysis and forecasting involving hydrogeologic and hydrologic time series data
* Integrating hydrogeologic and hydrologic studies and numerical analysis with feasibility studies and alternatives analysis
* Technical writing and report preparation
* Analyzing groundwater flow and transport in deep bedrock environments
* Managing large data sets and evaluation of data
* Experience with numerical and quantitative analysis using groundwater models such as MODLFOW and/or GOLDSIM, etc.
OUR CULTURE IS DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
VALUES-BASED: Our One Foth culture is grounded in and reflects our values.
CLIENT-CENTERED: We show our clients by our actions that we care as much about their needs as they do.
MEMBER-OWNED: We have always been member-owned and we expect to always be
INFLUENTIAL: Leadership is established through a member s ability to influence and create followship with other members.
INCLUSIVE: We think and behave inclusively. We are stronger together.
CONTINUOUSLY LEARNING: We invest in our members growth through professional career development.
INNOVATIVE: We are entrepreneurial and innovative in what we do and in how we get it done.
CARING: We genuinely care for our clients, our members, and our communities.
RELATIONSHIP-BUILDING: We show our commitment to building and maintaining world-class relationships.
COLLABORATIVE: We collaborate effectively. We celebrate our achievements as a team!
RESULTS-FOCUSED: Our performance-based culture rewards and recognizes extraordinary contributions of teams and individuals.
FLEXIBLE: Foth s culture allows our members to maintain a positive work-life balance while meeting commitments to our clients and team members.
SAFETY-MINDED: We believe that no job is so important and no work is so urgent that we cannot take time to perform our work safely.
QUALITY-ORIENTED: Our members deliver work products that meet or exceed expectations.
TRANSPARENT: We are open and honest with our communications.
PROCESS-DRIVEN: We follow the process or cause it to be changed in a proactive and constructive manner.
STRATEGIC: We are deliberate in how we set direction and make decisions; we think and act with the end in mind.
ETHICAL: We do the right thing at all times.
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
* Job Family Project E/A/S
* Job Function Applications
* Pay Type Salary
Associated topics: atmospheric, environmental, geology, geophysics, gis, hydrogeologist, hydrologist, petrophysicist, seismicity, seismology