Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof Job Description: The Events Manager will develop, plan and execute all company events. This role will partner internally (Brand Marketing, Creative Services, Sales, Sales Support) and externally (Vendors) to deliver end-to-end, integrated event experiences. The Manager will research industry events and technological advances, identify event opportunities, define event goals and objectives, develop metrics for ROI, and formulate messaging/communication plans. The Events Manager will align company events strategy with partner requests and facilitate events/programs targeted at elevating the GAF brand. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: Strategy Management (70%)
- Collaborates on long/short-term events goals which align with the company, department and market vision/goals
- Develops and creates concepts for innovative, impactful and memorable events upon thorough industry research, inclusive of identifying new technological advances
- Presents event concepts and ideas for locations, venues, agendas, etc.
- Conducts pre/post-event evaluations focused on client satisfaction, evaluates ROI, post event internal executive reports and after-action reviews
- Functions as an events subject matter expert for the entire organization
Event Management (30%)
- Provides direction and guidance on any questions related to events programs
- Manages vendor performance and identifies opportunities
- Communicates contract obligations and inclusions to internal teams/departments as appropriate
- Creates and manages event timelines, leads all event planning and production discussions
- Secures guest speakers and entertainment; review presentations, write scripts, coordinates rehearsals as needed
- Responsible for negotiation of costs and services with vendors
- Travels to event locations to provide oversight of event, as required
Manages the staff travel to the event location; manages on-site production and works with venue to create/revise room design for each event as necessary
- Building Strategic Working Relationships throughout the organization
- Strong organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer-service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and has the ability to communicate cross-functionally, within and outside of department.
- Able to represent the company well when working with outside parties
- A Bachelor's degree (Marketing, Event/Hospitality or Public Relations major preferred).
- 5-8 years of event operations and/or marketing strategy work experience
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).