Loading some great jobs for you...
Geography includes states TBD in Upper Midwest. Larry Shepard currently revising team territory map. Candidate selected must currently reside in territory.
In this position, you will be primarily accountable for consistently, effectively:
With increasing independence, developing MSL strategies, plans and tactics, in alignment with the relevant regional and national MSL strategies, plans and objectives, to enable enhanced execution and overall performance in the assigned geography
Demonstrating full and complete mastery of the core MSL position and responsibilities
Representing the assigned molecules/products, franchise(s) and overall therapeutic area(s) to the highest ethical and professional standards and in accordance with guidelines, direction and key marketing strategies
Responding to on- and off-label questions with the highest integrity, compliance and adherence to legal, regulatory and Genentech guidelines, policies & procedures
Building and cultivating important working relationships internally and externally; including establishing, where applicable/appropriate, relationships with national-level thought leaders or other relevant external constituents
Providing clinical expertise and feedback regarding operational management that effectively and efficiently guides clinical trials, other studies and investigations
Providing clinical expertise in the development, management and maintenance of medical communications, including research, publications, and educational materials, meeting/event presentations and information, etc.
Actively participating in various internal and external clinical and scientific education programs, meetings, presentations and other forums; providing in-depth clinical and operational expertise and insights regarding the assigned molecules/products, franchise(s), and overall therapeutic area(s)
Assuming responsibility for proactively researching, analyzing and communicating key trends, themes or other evolutions in the external marketplace, as these potentially impact or otherwise relate to the work of MSLs in the relevant therapeutic area(s)
When assigned, representing the assigned MSL team, by acting as a substitute for your manager on various teams or committees
Taking a leadership role in developing and implementing MSL and other related clinical and scientific education programs, content and materials
Supporting your manager and others by assisting with recruitment, on-boarding and ongoing coaching, mentoring and training of new or less experienced MSLs
Identifying, leading and completing recurring and special projects
Ensuring assigned goals and objectives are met and that assigned projects and other work are completed on time, to high standards and within budget
Assume responsibility for proactively researching, analyzing and communicating key developments, trends, evolutions and other marketplace factors and dynamics that potentially impact and/or otherwise influence the MSL organization and/or the broader therapeutic area(s)
Work with manager, peers, other partners and stakeholders in the development and alignment of medical plan tactics at the regional and local MSL levels:
Participating in a variety of cross-functional tactical planning meetings, reviews and discussions
As assigned, supporting your manager, medical directors, and other peers in gathering information, analyses, research and reporting to support national, regional, and local tactical planning
Using national and regional medical plans for the assigned molecules/products to develop and align the tactical plan for your geography of responsibility. Expected to create business plans for your assigned geography with minimal direction from your manager
Using national and regional medical plans for the assigned molecules/products to develop and align the tactical plan for your geography of responsibility
Providing input to manager regarding travel, budget and other resource requirements to meet or exceed assigned goals and objectives
Build and cultivate relationships with internal cross-functional partners, such as Franchise Sales, Franchise Marketing, Managed Care & Customer Operations, Thought Leader Services, Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development, Product Development, Clinical Operations, Commercial Operations and other Medical Affairs groups. Build and cultivate relationships with the local scientific and medical communities, including study site clinical research staff, clinical investigators, physicians, other healthcare professionals, as well as regional and national KOLs and other thought leaders
As appropriate, support in the design and development of clinical trials, other studies and investigations
Support Clinical Operations with Phase III studies, by providing clinical support at investigator sites
Evaluate, review and propose, when and where appropriate, revisions to protocols in support of the development and/or medical strategies of the assigned product(s). As and when approved, undertake the necessary revisions to protocols, ensuring full compliance with all established procedures and guidelines, as well as appropriate communication to other involved/impacted colleagues and/or external parties
Work with a host of cross-functional partners to develop plans and tactics for implementation and completion of clinical trials, studies and other investigations. Includes plans for developing and recruiting for patient registries, clinical and scientific communications, publications, clinical and scientific education, advisory boards, clinical and scientific congresses, other conferences and meetings, etc.
Work with Medical Communications and Publication Planning to develop, disseminate and manage calendars and timelines for clinical and scientific communications, publication plans and other relevant research, data, information and communications for assigned molecules/products
Maintain the highest standards and levels of scientific, clinical and technical expertise in the specific therapeutic area(s) of assignment; reviewing and keeping updated on scientific/medical journals and other relevant publications, attending scientific, clinical, commercial and other key meetings, forums, venues, etc., as well as continuous communication and effective partnering with various Genentech and Roche groups
Lead recurring or special projects
- Advanced Clinical/Science Degree is required (e.g., MD, PhD, PharmD, DNP, etc)
- Prior Respiratory (Asthma, Immunology, Pulmonary Fibrosis) experience preferred
- GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and ICH (International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for
- Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use) proficient
- In-depth knowledge of Phase IV/post-marketing drug development is preferred (knowledge of or experience with Phase IIII drug development is a plus)
- In-depth, relevant therapeutic area knowledge
- Comprehensive understanding of product and safety profiles
- Demonstrable knowledge of medical aspects of FDA regulations
- 4 or more years' related work experience (academic, research, clinician, consulting or industry experience)
- Experience, demonstrated proficiency and success in role as a Medical Science Liaison is preferred
- 2 or more years clinical trial experience (either in industry or in another, related setting) is preferred
- 2 years' experience in relevant therapeutic area
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals
- Outstanding attention-to-detail
- Good business acumen; has working knowledge of the multi-disciplinary functions involved in a company's drug development process, e.g. research, development, clinical operations, biostatistics, regulatory, commercial, etc.
- Excellent project management skills: can prioritize multiple tasks and goals and ensure the timely, on-target and
within budget accomplishment of such
- Outstanding self-presentation skills
- Demonstrable influencing and professional presentation skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; includes very good listening skills and an open attitude and acceptance to being coached
- Strong teamwork orientation
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- In addition to passing Genentech's background screening, the employee must submit to and pass additional background screening as required by some institutions and health facility sales accounts (additional screening requests may include, but are not limited to background checks, immunization, TB, HIV, hepatitis, and drug screening)
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings
- This is a remote position. The territory covers Missouri, Arkansas, and Mississippi.
- This position requires significant use of either a company provided or personal vehicle to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the role. As a result, Genentech, Inc. (Company) from time to time will check your motor vehicle record for purposes of determining your eligibility for driving a Company vehicle
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the \"Apply online\" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our .
Loading some great jobs for you...