General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Senior Systems Administrator with strong communication and technical skills that will support the Department of Commerce 2020 Decennial Census Systems of Systems hybrid cloud infrastructure and its applications. The Senior IT/Helpdesk Lead for on-site IT Infrastructure support for 500+ users. This position is responsible for leading the helpdesk, customer service, server admin and network admin of LAN/WAN for the Technical Integrator facility. The IT/Helpdesk Lead will report to the Facilities & Infrastructure Project Manager. All employees must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust. The program and the associated facility to be supported enables the operations of multiple business applications, as well as development of new applications across different technologies.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
- Support provisioning and setup of desktops, laptops, printers and other related hardware
- Perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMAC) services for all Ora Glen Campus IT requirements, to include the Technical Integrator contract, U.S. Census Bureau assigned staff and Associate Contract assigned staff
- Document all tickets in a tracking system such as Remedy
- Provide expert training and support of end users for VDI and/or virtual machines/environments
- Assist in leading capacity planning and scaling of solutions
- Support local on-site patch panels, switches and routers
- Provide troubleshooting support for desktops, laptops, printers and other related hardware
- Provide troubleshooting support for VDI/virtual machines, servers and LAN/WAN
- Manage and track assigned tickets on a daily basis
- Manage all VOIP phones installed in the Ora Glen Campus
- Troubleshoot phone issues, and open Trouble Tickets with Comcast when an issue arises from the Phone Service
- Provide IMAC services for the phones
- Serve on the staff of the Facilities & Infrastructure Project Manager (F&I PM)
- Attend all Staff & Status Meetings
- Provide weekly status reports as directed by the F&I PM
- Provide Ad Hoc reports to the F&I PM as directed
- Support special projects or Tiger Teams as directed by the F&I PM
- Collect, analyze and report Metrics to the F&I PM as directed
- Expert knowledge of Operating Systems such Windows, MacOS, iOS, Unix and Linux
- Expert knowledge of directory services including Microsoft Active Directory
- Expert understanding of LAN/WAN environment
- General knowledge of projectors and audio/visual equipment
- Expert knowledge of desktop security policies, requirements, and vulnerabilities
- Excellent time management, written, verbal, and customer service skills
- Excellent Organized, Conscientious, Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding of PC/laptop/MacBook/tablet/mobile hardware technology
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work for yourself. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Team Work: Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to lead and challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to lead and influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Leadership: Proficient understanding of organizational structure and work effectively or lead the current team.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
- Quantitative Management: Ability to determine process measures and track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintenance, network, network administrator, operating system, router, server, system center configuration manager, system center operations manager