The Executive Director, Department of Veterans Affairs is responsible for managing the long-term success of GEs relationship with the Department of Veterans Affairs to achieve the goals and objectives identified by the customer and GE Healthcare. Drive orders, sales and margin growth based on a comprehensive strategy and agency account plan. Develop and execute a policy and commercial strategy to capitalize on our broad portfolio of products, services, and solutions. Essential Responsibilities:
The agency leader works closely with the Government Contract Directors, Gov Account Executives, commercial sales teams, finance, legal, risk, P&L teams and other business units to ensure all contract requirements, proposals and contract deliverables are fully met in a timely fashion.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for GE Healthcare, encompassing total responsibility for the business across the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Achieve orders, sales, share, margin, and service delivery targets for GE Healthcare, while managing costs within budget.
- Analyze agency policy to develop a business plan and strategy that creates new business opportunities for all GE Healthcare products & services. Drive marketing programs at the agency and VISN level.
- Lead and leverage the entire Account Community across sales and service to provide the necessary technical, clinical and business content to customers.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the business of the Department of Veterans Affairs, including key initiatives and priorities, and keep GE Healthcare Government team, Region Managers, Zone Managers and P&L leaders informed and appropriately involved.
- Develop & implement goto-market plans with USCAN cross-functional teams to achieve results through effective needs assessments, project proposals, negotiations, and contracts. Grow GEs share of customer investments in capital and operational expenditures.
- Identify and engage third party strategic partners, SDVOSBs and systems integrators.
- Establish and foster relationships at the top level of the agency (Secretary, Asst. Secretary, Director) with account headquarters through regular touchpoints.
- Build long-term strategic alliances with the agency, as well as Veteran Services Organizations.
- Stay current on knowledge of federal and commercial healthcare market dynamics and trends. Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 5 years of consultative sales experience, including strategic selling and negotiation
- Veteran of the United States Armed Forces
- Previous experience in the healthcare industry, government and commercial operations
- Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and closing skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Outstanding influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive collaborative culture at all levels
- Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization and work well within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language
- Willingness and ability to live and travel within the United States & Canada
- Valid motor vehicle license Desired Characteristics:
- Medical Service Corps experience
- Proven account management and project planning skills
- Direct or indirect management experience, preferably in a large company with a matrixed environment
- Healthcare capital equipment sales experience
- Knowledge/experience selling to the Federal Government, ideally VA and DoD
- Knowledge/experience with GE Healthcare product portfolio
- Strong understanding on the US Healthcare system and buying groups
Associated topics: chief, chief administrative officer, chief financial officer, director, director of finance, executive director, executive management, executive vice president, president, senior associate