Summary of Role:
Equipment/Maintenance Technicians sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. Technician positions are shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.Essential Responsibilities:
- Monitor, control, and qualify state of the art 300mm semiconductor equipment
- Perform full preventive maintenance activities which includes:
- Removal and installation of rebuilt assembles or sub-assemblies within the allotted timeline, with attention to detail to achieve first time right.
- Ensuring assemblies are built to achieve target lifetimes
- Perform leak checks on installed assembles to ensure tool vacuum integrity
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Process wafers using defined procedures
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
- Perform visual inspections (quality check)
- Recover from process and tool interruptions
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Working with engineering to identify alternate sourced parts that are equal to OEM specification
- Complete all required reporting and documentation
- Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development
- Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, train new team members as needed and other duties as assigned
Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalence
- Demonstrated ability to operate automated or computerized systems and MS office software
- Ability to read and understand manuals and operations specifications
- Fluent in English Language ??\" written & verbal.
- Physical Capacity Demands:
- Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift. (excluding breaks)
- Able to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 40lb on a periodic basis throughout the shift.
- Able to perform activities that include bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching
- Able to perform shift work in a 12 hour shift schedule, including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry
- Able to perform work which requires continuous neck extension/flexion/neutral & rotational movements
- Able to wear all required personal protective clothing and equipment without restriction for normal 12 hour shift (excluding breaks) including SCBA (Self-contained Breathing Apparatus)
- Able to perform work which requires continuous hand/eye coordination, keyboarding, handling, and wrist motion
- 2 year of Work Experience
- Associates Degree
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems
- Equipment or process maintenance experience in semi-conductor manufacturing
- Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
- Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
- Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Associated topics: customer service, diagnose, equipment, field service, field service technician, machine repair, maintenance technician, mechanical, repair, upgrade