Graebel Van Lines is the largest independent Van Line in the US and a leader in corporate and residential moving services, warehousing and comprehensive workplace solutions. Recently receiving its Women Owned Business status (WEBNC) and headquartered in Dallas, the new re-launched company is built on the legacy of the Graebel family, which began in 1950, and continued, by its recent acquisition from successful moving industry experts Vauna and Robert Peterson. We are an energetic, fast paced company looking for someone who will operate with integrity, energy and a passion for being the best.
Responsible for a team of up to 5 people performing commercial moving and related projects. Leads, assigns and monitors work for this team, providing guidance/training to more junior staff. Effectively communicates with customer as well as office staff to insure all services are performed and accurately recorded on the paperwork. Is fully capable of completing the essential functions of a Commercial Mover II.
* Provides general direction and supervision of drivers and vendors. Responsible for training entry-level positions. Leads up to five (5) people. Leads on small commercial moves. Will lead larger teams on floor for internal moves.
* Processes basic installer skills, including the ability and knowledge to use basic tools and moving equipment, including but not limited to drills, screwdrivers, rubber hammers, 2-wheel and 4-wheel dollies, walk boards and book carts. Knowledgeable about padding and facility protection, able to use properly to prevent damage to job site. Including but not limited to doors, floors, steps, elevators and walls.
* Responsible for all revenue paperwork and documentation. Able to accurately complete and submit so that revenue, invoicing and claims can be processed in a timely manner with all services accurately noted.
* Responsible for basic IT disconnect and reconnect on commercial jobs. Able to learn the appropriate skills and perform when needed.
* Responsible for properly loading and securing commercial shipments, utilizing the appropriate logistic strapping and creating tiers as required. Reducing and minimizing any damage to the commercial goods and subsequent claims.
* Utilizing a forklift, locates and places palletized goods on pallet racking located in the warehouse. Placing items with concern for safety and care of product to reduce claims. All forklift operations will be in adherence to Graebel operating standards. Uses the warehouse locator system \"Windfall\" to appropriately record the location of items.
* Qualified and able to drive Graebel equipment as required - including Non-CDL & straight truck/cube van
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. (This statement will be included on all Job Descriptions.) This will include the ability to transfer skills and work in a similar position in the role of Household Goods Mover II & Warehouse Services II, as work dictates.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCES
* Good verbal and written communication skills which can be gained with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
* Has proficient understanding of principles in one or more functions. Typically possesses 0 to 3 years of relevant work experience. Understanding of the Commercial Moving Process and Commercial Property Types.
* Forklift Certification/Non-CDL straight truck/cube van qualified
* Commercial installer skills - including IT disconnect/reconnect
* Proficient with revenue documentation
* Good customer services skills
Graebel Van Lines, LLC is an EEO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Graebel Van Lines is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.