The position is responsible for complete food & beverage service at all assigned tables in a high-volume restaurant. Assists the department head with training/mentoring of new employees as requested. Works in an efficient and professional manner while maintaining a positive attitude and delivering superior guest service always.
This job description is a summary of duties however it is by no means an all-inclusive list. It is merely a broad guide to expected duties of the position.
* Be a brand advocate by providing guests with accurate information regarding our venues, menus and pricing * Organize and prioritize service per appropriate service sequence * Present the menus * Take and enter orders into POS system promptly and accurately * Ensure all the food and drinks are served according to specifications, always using position numbers so that the guest is not disturbed unnecessarily * Ensure that all the necessary stock is being replenished during the shift * Set tables in a timely manner and to specified standards * Move furniture as directed by management, including but not limited to: tables, chairs, bar stools, banquettes, bar tables, boxes, and equipment * Polish all silverware and glasses as directed by management * Perform daily stock count of china, glass, silver, etc. as directed by management * Possess a thorough knowledge of all menus, from the engineering of the menu to the ingredients, cooking methods, and the adaptability of each item * Ensure all food is served immediately when exiting the pass area * Respond to guest concerns/complaints and correct errors or resolve complaints with a positive attitude and escalate to management when necessary * Comply with all safety and health department procedures and all state and federal liquor laws * Maintain company safety and sanitation standards * Prepare guest checks through POS terminal functions. Process guest payments by cash, credit card, venue comps and all other tender types * Verify by checking guest's identification when using debit or credit card * Collect required signatures from guest * Ensure accurate accounting of all bar monies and independent banking procedures * Sign all cash out slips legibly * Ensure complete and proper check out procedures * Appear in uniform for all shifts and promotional activities at scheduled time * Keep bar top clean and free of dirty glasses, dirty ashtrays, trash, etc. throughout shift * Clean all spills and waste immediately and place all trash in proper receptacles * Inform management of any complaint, comments or incident * Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through your work area throughout shift * Report any incidents of theft, vandalism, or violations * Respond to guest concerns/complaints and correct errors or resolve complaints with a positive attitude * Ensure nightly/weekly and opening/running/closing duties are completed * Record and report any equipment failure and/or safety hazards to a Manager immediately * Assists and/ or completes additional tasks as assigned
IN ADDITION TO THE AFOREMENTIONED ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, THE POSITION WILL BE EVALUATED ON THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
* Accountability * Development * Working relationships * Judgment * Quality of work * Job skills knowledge * Productivity * Dependability * Punctuality * Adherence to Policy * Verbal communication * Attitude * Appearance * Teamwork * Guest satisfaction
* High School Diploma preferred * Proof of eligibility to work in the United States * Valid Driver's License * 21+ years of age * Posses or the ability to possess all state required work cards * Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
WORKING KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience in hospitality working in a high-volume restaurant, bar, or nightclub * POS systems * Liquor, beer, wine, spirits, and cigar brands * Opening and closing duties * Proper lifting techniques * Guest relations * Sanitation and safety * Safe alcohol service * Beverage presentation * High volume operations
* Create and maintain a sense of urgency * Must have strong problem-solving skills * Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients, and the public * Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality * Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude always * Ability to keep an open and objective view * Ability to listen empathetically and be respectful always * Ability to maintain composure and stay focused * Ability to maintain personal integrity * Ability to work as a team, stay organized, handle various projects at one time, follow up and make accurate decisions * Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, and work under pressure and meet deadlines * Consistently maintain well-groomed appearance, posture, and hygiene * Move effectively and efficiently throughout the venue * Outgoing personality, warm and friendly, demonstrate enthusiasm and professionalism * Use strong judgment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
* Must present and maintain a professional image to further the overall theme of the venue * Must have good positive energy to make it through the day * Must be able to read the computer monitors * Must be able to print legibly for guests to read * Must be observant and quick to respond to various situations * Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace at venue * Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time * Must be dexterous and able to participate in all service aspects. * Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend, climb and carry as necessary * Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs. * Ability to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls * Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl * Ability to talk, hear, taste, smell, and specific vision abilities required by the job to include; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT & SCHEDULE:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
* Work indoors and/or outdoors, exposed to hot and/or cold surfaces, steam, and wet floors * Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity of which depends upon guest volume * Involves constant public contact * Fast paced, high volume, high energy * Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
* Security Level -Low
US Candidates Only
Hakkasan Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.