Working at Horizon Pharma is more than a job - it's personal. We define success by a different set of numbers: the number of lives touched, the number of lives changed, the number of lives saved. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help patients live up to theirs.
The Regional Medical Director (RMD) will serve as a scientific liaison to the medical/scientific community and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with prominent experts and clinicians throughout the US. The RMD will ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding marketed and pipeline compounds in a timely, ethical, and customer-focused manner. The RMD will implement clinical and educational strategies in collaboration with colleagues from Medical and Clinical Development to support Horizon-sponsored trials and educational initiatives, including investigator-initiated studies. The RMD will work to pair our key customers' educational and research needs with available resources and provide the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries. This will include, where appropriate, presentations to P&T Committees and others where expertise on Horizon products is requested.Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Network and partner with important external customers, including medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, managed care decision makers, and pharmacy directors in alignment with applicable compliance, legal, and regulatory guidelines.
- Understand, integrate and effectively communicate scientific/medical information and commercial value of Horizon's products to the medical community and other key internal and external audiences.
- Prioritize and work effectively in a self-directed manner in a constantly changing environment, including ability to obtain, integrate, and communicate customer feedback.
- Pair customers' unmet needs with available internal resources.
- Collaborate effectively with all functional areas to identify opportunities and needs that can be addressed via communication of scientific, medical, and health economic information.
- Identify potential new speakers and train on scientific content for Horizon-sponsored external speaker programs.
- Participate in national and regional conferences, meetings, and other scientific venues as appropriate to support the Horizon Medical/Clinical strategy and to obtain new competitive information, keep abreast of clinical trends, and support and maintain relationships with key investigators and scientific research.
- Working in conjunction with the medical affairs and clinical development teams, evaluate potential external clinical research collaboration opportunities and facilitate the conduct of external clinical investigator-initiated trials (IITs) and company-sponsored trials.
- Monitor the competitive environment for advances and trends in our therapeutic areas, including new treatment management and new therapies, as well as competitive products and features and provide feedback to the senior leadership team on specific initiatives of competitors.
Essential Core Competencies:
- Advanced scientific or clinical degree (MD, PhD, NP, Pharm D, etc?) or commensurate experience required.
- At least 5 years previous pharmaceutical industry experience as an MSL or other Medical/Clinical Affairs role or a minimum of 3-5 years relevant clinical/scientific experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability, or potential, to excel in smaller entrepreneurial organizations.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills (including strong demonstration of ability to network) required.
- Ability to travel up to 60% for territory management, attendance at regional and national conferences/workshops, and attendance at company meetings.
- Must have ability to learn to use new business applications across hardware tools (e.g., PC, iPad).
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Planning and Organization
- Technical/Scientific Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Communication Skills(Oral and Written)
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Pharma plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
Associated topics: advertise, alumni, chief marketing officer, demand, endowment, facebook, fundraise, principle gift, stewardship, university relationship