Data Center Technician - Level 1 (Langhorne)
Compensation: $102,080.00 - $149,730.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Requisition Number: 75431
As a Data Center Technician, you'll work in a 24/7 environment supporting our Connected Workforce team and clients. In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide support for our clients' data center infrastructure which includes some of the largest companies in the United States. If you are looking for the opportunity to grow your technical skills and build on your IT career, this could be the role for you.
What you'll do at Insight:
- You'll be responsible for welcoming and escorting of pre-approved and scheduled Vendor or Visitor to Data Center Equipment
- Perform physical hardware examination, the recording of any external error/status indicators which may help in diagnosing and resolving equipment issues
- Assist with checking network connectivity which includes but not limited to; checking network connection activity lights, firewall status lights and physical port availability on any Data Center device
- Be responsible for properly inspecting and replacing defective networking cables and also removing, inspecting and reseating power cables.
What you'll need to join Insight:
- Associates Degree preferred or 1+ year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Hardware (Servers, Switches, Hard Drives, Memory, etc.)
- Previous data center experience and/or network cabling experience a plus
- CompTIA A+ certification also a plus
- Flexible schedule to support a 24/7 operations team
The position described above provides a summary of some of the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology SolutionsTM and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Newton Square || Pennsylvania (US-PA) || United States (US) || NETINF || None || US - Philadelphia, PA ||
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...