McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. Zatarain's, a leader in New Orleans cuisine owned by McCormick, is seeking an Crew Leader WHS Production - 2nd Shift at its facility located in Gretna, Louisiana.
With $4 billion in annual sales, McCormick & Company, Incorporated manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and food service businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better?. To learn more please visit us at www.mccormickcorporation.com.
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. Zatarain's benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), defined contribution plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
The Material Handler position exists to support production by receiving and/or transporting raw materials and packaging materials to specified areas. This individual will perform general material handling functions using forklift equipment. The environment includes indoor work, with exposure to forklift fumes and spice odors. In addition, individuals must work well with others in a supportive team environment in order to meet material handling quality and quantity standards, while reducing waste and rework.
* Transport raw materials or packaging materials to specified areas for use and return them to their proper locations.
* Receives delivery of raw materials and performs required inventory control transactions.
* Complete and process required inventory control transactions according to company/department standards including scanning and printing tickets with barcode equipment.
* Process return, if excess material, according to department standards. Includes use of inventory management system (SAP) to adjust quantity in system to update inventory.
* Maintain materials in a manner that facilitates FIFO product rotation.
* Transport/store materials to maintain warehouse and/or production areas in a neat and orderly manner.
* Performs daily housekeeping duties in the production and/or warehouse areas including sweeping, collecting trash and collecting damaged product.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* Must successfully complete material handling safety courses and obtain OSHA certification.
* Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows.
* One year of powered industrial truck experience in a production or warehouse environment.
McCormick and Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
Associated topics: cleaning, cleanliness, cookware, dishwasher, dishwasher steward, lavavajillas, sanitation, stewarding, stock, washer