General Position Description:
The administration of medical services. Responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the practitioner with examinations, procedures, and other duties. Responsible for screening and triaging patients and updating medical records.
- Collects and documents vital signs. Collects and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis. Reviews and properly handles test results.
- Prepares exam rooms, including maintenance, cleaning of equipment, and stocking of supplies.
- Assists with patient call backs; scheduling physician referrals; obtaining insurance information for specialist's referrals and pharmacy issues; and patient's education.
- Perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Nursing and other such regulating bodies.
- Clinical Operations Managers and Directors.
- Center Manager, center staffed based team-members including providers and non-providers.
- Administrative clinical partners.
Associated topics: hemodialysis, lead, licensed practical nurse, licensed vocational, licensed vocational nurse, lvn, nurse iii, practical, vocational, vocational nurse