The Quality Control Inspector will examine lead testing analyzers and associated materials for defects or deviations from specifications. This position will also be responsible for reporting to management any noted defects or failures during the inspection and testing process. The Quality Control Inspector will check products by sight, sound, or feel to locate imperfections such as cuts, scratches, or missing pieces. Verify that parts fit, move correctly, test the flow of electricity, and conduct test runs to ensure that the analyzer runs properly. If the product is acceptable, the inspector certifies it.
* Read blueprints and specifications
* Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced
* Measure products with rulers, calipers, gauges, micrometers, voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters
* Accept or reject finished items
* Remove all products and materials that fail to meet specifications
* Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products
* Report inspection and test data
* Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
* Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
* Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
* Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
* College education is desirable.
* Minimal 2+ years Quality Control experience with electro-mechanical background.
* Analytical, logical thought process and meticulous attention to detail.
* Ability to translate skills and knowledge to others. Industry certification a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision from management.
* Excellent ability to collaborate to achieve objectives and problem-solve.
* Knowledge of basic math and computer skills for measuring, calibrating, and calculating specifications during quality control testing.
* Must be able to use specialized tools and machinery when testing products.
* Must understand blueprints, technical documents, and manuals, ensuring that products and parts meet quality standards.
* Must possess outstanding communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
* Able to read, understand and follow company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines.
* Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality requirements.
* Excellent computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook).
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Work Environment: Office
Must be able to meet National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH) Standards.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.