Share this on
Senior-II Systems Engineer
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control
applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and
specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit
microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a
broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power
management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety,
security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as
well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
(EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial
Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions
that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip products are at the heart of millions of consumer devices
and networks, and we are looking for an exceptional person to join our
team. A candidate placed in this position will be a leader in the USB
and Networking Applications and Validation Team focused on bringing
advanced connectivity devices to market including: Ethernet switches,
USB 3.2 Hubs, USB Power Delivery, and other connectivity interfaces in
excess of 25Gbps.
* Specify and design test environments including:
* Software requirements
* Lab Equipment requirements
* Test board designs
* Perform FPGA based pre-silicon validation data collection and
* Perform lab-based post-silicon validation data collection and
* Work with Design Engineering, Product Engineering, and
Applications Engineering to validate new silicon products.
* Work in the lab to replicate customer issues and, when necessary,
interface directly with field engineers to root cause customer
* Track customer and silicon device issues in a collaborative shared
database system such as JIRA, Bugzilla, Trac, etc.
* Design and implement emulation of real-world systems on custom
designs to allow Pre- and Post- Silicon testing and development.
* Work with the Applications team to develop Application notes and
sections in Datasheets.
* Work with external PCB layout and Contact Manufacturers.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
* 7-10 years industry experience.
* Holds a bachelor s or master s degree in Electrical Engineering or
* 4+ years combined experience in one or more of the following
* High-Speed Digital design and/or Test
* Analog/Mixed-Signal design and/or Test
* Systems design and/or Test
* Power IC Design and/or Test
* Able to think of test cases and customer usage model that may
violate the assumptions of designers and architects.
* Strong working knowledge of electronics lab equipment, e.g.,
Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers/Exercisers, Protocol Analyzers.
* Able to develop hardware design specification based on input from
multiple stakeholders and technical specifications.
* Able to read and generate electrical schematic diagrams; perform
PCB hardware bring-up and debug.
* Create demo hardware and software to showcase IC device feature
* Strong organization, verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work in collaborative
cross-functional group environment.
* Must be highly motivated and able to work independently with
Preferred Qualifications Include:
* LabVIEW control of automated test environments.
* IC device characterization.
* Understanding of one of more of the following protocols: USB
(USB3.0, USB2.0), USB Power Delivery, Ethernet
(10/100/1G/10G/25G), and Flash Media Standards.
* Experience in direct support of customers and Field Applications
* Hardware Development (Schematic Design, PCB prototyping).
* Experience with microcontroller development using C and/or C++
* Experience with peripherals interfaces: PCI-E, SPI, I2C, UART,
PWM, LIN, and Security.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of
Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment
and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal,
state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations,
please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law
Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process
because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email
here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the
email. Alternatively, you may call us at ************ to let us know
the nature of your request. Apply Now
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...