Domestic Account Executive, Northeast (Freight Forwarding/3PL)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Who We Are: Mohawk Global Logistics is a 175+ person team of logistics and trade specialists dedicated to fulfilling the supply chain needs of our customers with a strong emphasis on customs brokerage, domestic and international transportation, trade compliance, education, and consulting. Our business practices are driven and exhibited daily by our three core values: to ENRICH purposefully, to CARE personally and to DELIVER professionally.
We pride ourselves in being a highly employee-centric organization that truly puts our people (and customers) first! At Mohawk, these aren’t just words, they are a demonstrable value that we put into action by our behaviors each day. We have been certified as a “Great Place To Work” for the past five years!
We are currently seeking an individual of high-integrity with an innate passion for sales and forging long-standing partnerships, to join Mohawk Global’s Domestic division as an Account Executive in one of our New York offices. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful individual to help position us for strategic, long-term growth by identifying and onboarding new clients, while continuing to provide the required first-class service that our existing client base has come to rely for on their most critical logistics needs.
- Responsibilities include but not limited to marketing third party logistics services, including LTL, FTL, Expedite, Air, Warehousing and Distribution.
- In depth knowledge of 3PL operations, including the domestic LTL, and FTL spot market.
- Develop business prospects and client base as well as maintain current client accounts.
- Contact business prospects and perform sales calls on new and existing clients.
- Cross selling and team selling to convert current Import/Export client base to using Mohawk’s Domestic services.
- Lead the efforts of marketing and developing end-to-end domestic transportation services for the Northeast region
- Develop and nurture business prospects and client base
- Contact business prospects and conduct sales calls on new and existing clients
- Create and deliver sales proposals to key prospects and clients
- Obtain and maintain complete & accurate information on prospective and existing clients in contact management database
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques in securing profitable business across all products
- Clearly communicate the development of potential business throughout the sales cycle
- Report sales activity on a weekly basis to management
- Perform all administrative obligations within assigned deadlines
- Uncover new opportunities within potential and existing clients
- Ensure proper account set-up
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner
- Conduct face to face meetings with potential and existing clients
- Build a portfolio of existing and potential customers with emphasis on growing our domestic 3PL products.
- Proven success in gaining new business through prospecting
- Good presentation & business writing skills
- Solid verbal communication and an aggressive drive as well as commitment to develop and grow a client base
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of enthusiasm
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate strong problem-solving capabilities
- Knowledge of supply chain management and knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry
- Experience in using PowerPoint for presentations
- Ability to use consultative selling to secure and maintain business
- Must understand impact of revenue on the profit and loss statement
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mohawk is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...