Domestic Freight Transport Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are:?Mohowk Global Logistics is a 175+ person team of logistics and trade specialists dedicated to fulfilling the supply chain needs of our customers with a strong emphasis on customs brokerage, domestic and international transportation, trade compliance, education, and consulting. Our business practices are driven and exhibited daily by our three core values: to ENRICH purposefully, to CARE personally and to DELIVER professionally.
We pride ourselves in being a highly employee-centric organization that truly puts our people (and customers) first! At Mohawk, these aren?t just words, they are a demonstrable value that we put into action by our behaviors each day. We have been certified as a ?Great Place To Work? for the past five years!
In addition to a top-notch work culture, we also offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision plans, as well as generous paid time off, fitness rewards and a 30% unlimited 401K match?WOW!
Due to ongoing organizational growth, we are currently seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to contribute to our team as a full-time,?Domestic Freight Transport Coordinator?in our Buffalo, NY office!
- Reports directly to the Domestic Supervisor
- Prepare domestic quotations for clients
- Coordinate all aspects of client & carrier setup
- Profitably arrange shipments using contracted carriers
- Maximize brokerage coverage with carriers
- Perform tracking & tracing of customer freight
- Provide timely status updates to customers
- Ensure shipments are properly dispatched daily
- Complete routings with all appropriate documents
- Negotiate with trucking companies to select carriers
- Follow up on cargo around the clock as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor?s Degree preferred
- Major/concentration in logistics, supply chain, business, accounting or other applicable field of study preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Creative thinking/problem solving skills
- Ability to relate well with customers
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong computer skills:?MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Data entry & management
- Basic understanding of transportation industry
- STA and TSA/IAC certification
- Some initial experience preferred
- Carrier following a plus
Ideal candidates will possess the following attributes:
- A genuine passion and commitment to putting the interests of our Mohawk family and our customers first!
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain management (practical and/or academic)
- A mindset that is highly attentive to accuracy and details
- Appreciation for the value of productive team-work as well as individual accountability
- The ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
Mohawk is an equal opportunity employer.?All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or veteran status.
Associated topics: dispatcher, fleet, fleet management, handler, manager, manager trainee, service manager, supervisor, svce, technician
Loading some great jobs for you...