Over the past 60 years, Moog has developed a reputation throughout the world as a company whose people and products are at the forefront of the aerospace industry. We have consistently demonstrated our ability to meet ever more demanding challenges be they technical, schedule or cost. This directly reflects the creativity, work ethic and remarkable attention to purpose of our people.
As a result, we are positioned today on virtually every aircraft in the marketplace, supplying reliable systems that are highly supportable and add significant value for our customers.
Under the direction of the Software Manager, the Software Engineer is responsible for defining and implementing computer data acquisition and controls associated with flight software or automated test equipment produced for both in-house and deliverable support equipment. This responsibility includes system definition, requirements, development, and verification.The Senior Software Engineer has responsibilities in the following areas:
Once a project is initiated he/she has the responsibility to define the software requirements and implement them, system integration, check out, installation and support of the software in the target environment.
This individual will have knowledge of various computer operating systems, including hardware drivers and hardware interfacing.
Because of the rapid advances in technology, the incumbent must stay abreast of new developments in order to take advantage of devices which provide greater accuracy, reduce cost and improve reliability.
Must be able to search out and select instrumentation that will meet the system accuracy and functional requirements. The incumbent must be able to think out human engineering and mechanical details necessary to provide a workable system that is easy to use and maintain.Qualifications:
You can do this!
- Bachelor of Science degree In the field of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience and a minimum of eight (8) years experience, or a Masters degree and six (6) years experience is required. Additionally, the incumbent should have played a lead engineering role in this type of work
- Programming in dSPACE, Simulink, Labview, Python, or C computer languages
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal / organizational skills, and be able to demonstrate an ability to understand complex regulations/procedures
- Experience in a matrix based organization
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- International and domestic travel may be required
- Ability to relocate to East Aurora, NY
Moog is a performance culture that empowers people to achieve great things. Our people enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture where everyone trust each other to do the right thing. For you, working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity