Mott MacDonald's experience in transportation dates back to the early 1900s. Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American region with unprecedented success. We're looking for a structural engineer to join our team to continue this and invite applications from candidates with:
* Master's in civil engineering preferred, but BS in civil engineering or equivalent required. Degree(s) should be structural in geotechnical, or civil engineering.
* Professional engineer (PE) license.
* 5-15 years of experience in the design and/or design management of tunnels.
* Proven track record in tunnel design.
* Experience communicating with clients as a project engineer and/or structural task leader.
Mott MacDonald's transportation and infrastructure teams work on some of the biggest and most challenging projects across the US. We've completed and are currently involved in a whole host of amazing solutions to complex projects; incorporating our values of sustainability and improving communities.
Based from our Iselin, NJ or New York, NY, the senior tunnel engineer will provide support on underground work projects. You will be part of a team that is responsible for preparation of conceptual, preliminary, and final design plans, specifications, and estimates.
This will be a versatile role, with the tunnel engineer undertaking a cross-section of projects; including: tunnels, microtunnels and other underground structures/projects.
In addition to the overarching responsibility, your day to day will include:
* Planning and design of tunnel projects including initial and final supports, excavation support systems, foundations, as well as other underground structures predominately for transit, highway and water projects
* Acts as part of a team of professionals on multiple projects. Ability to identify and solve design and construction challenges is required
* Interacts with team members and assists in the coordination of work among engineers and detailers
* Client communications
* Work with Mott MacDonald's larger structures practice regionally and globally on technical excellence and resource planning
* Prepare and monitor work plan, scope, schedule, and budgets
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We're one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Associated topics: building, building code, calculation, civil engineer, department of transportation, draft, remedial, remediation, roadway, traffic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.