Responsible for negotiating and recommending long-term supply agreements within assigned commodity and managing suppliers for all materials in an assigned commodity insuring best value and customer service. Also responsible for directing sourcing and procurement strategies for engineering in new product development in support of fast time-to-market goals.
What You WIll Be Doing:
- Implement and negotiate high-level kanban agreements or other programs with suppliers both domestically and internationally
- Overall supplier development and management for suppliers within assigned commodity including training of suppliers on inventory management, kanban and lean principles where applicable
- Coach tactical buyers with supplier management issues. Act as first point of escalation for tactical buyers when problems with quality, delivery or Engineering Change Orders (ECO) Implementation issues arise
- Active participant in the implementation and continuous improvement of lean manufacturing principles where required
- Responsible for working with assigned new product development team in support of fast time to market on new product introduction. Coach engineering on materials methodology and cost as well as act as facilitate engineering and supplier communication as the technical resource in support of total cost reduction and effective engineering design
- Responsible for leading the tactical materials team
- Be an active participant on the corporate procurement council for commodities assigned in developing a corporate Approved Vendors List (AVL) and working to the decisions made as a group including negotiating corporate agreements
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA, 7-10 years experience in purchasing, materials management or commodity management.
- Must be familiar with managing inventory levels and implementing long-term supply agreements
- Hands on utilization of MRP.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings.
- Internet utilization, negotiation techniques, presentation skills, specialized training in 'lean manufacturing a plus.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with internal and external customers, critical thinking, decision making, complex problem solving and project management, must be detail oriented.
- Microsoft Office skills necessary, Oracle experience a plus.
This is a 4-6 month contract with a strong chance to go permanent.Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Associated topics: bond, broker dealer, buy, derivatives, dow jones, fiduciary, investor, purchase, risk, security