Novolex employs over 10,000 people across the globe. We strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
Commercial Finance Manager
The Commercial Finance Manager will demonstrate leadership in creating, implementing and maintaining responsibility for a reporting system that gives a detailed analysis of the division s sales results as compared to budgets, forecasts and prior years. This role will partner with the North American sales team and lead the development of the annual sales plan, as well as reforecasts. The Commercial Finance Manager will report to the Director of FP&A.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Build & lead North American commercial finance team.
- Create weekly sales reporting to indicate key growth drivers and bleeders
- Understand all aspects of customer deductions i.e. rebates, programs, cash discounts.
- Develop detailed monthly sales analyses by customer, channel and item. Clearly indicating sales impacts driven by volume, changes in invoice price, deductions and customer/item mix.
- Month end reporting for business unit internal reports, divisional and corporate requests.
- Create/implement detailed model to create annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts.
- Improve sales pipeline reporting and help enforce compliance.
- Analyze a wide variety of data to identify opportunities to improve forecasting methods, including performance monitoring and reporting against expectations, trend analysis, and forecasts.
- Partner with operations team to ensure demand and sales planning are in sync.
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting as assigned.
- Develops value-added financial analysis for use by the organization to improve overall results. This includes customer profitability, product profitability, and SKU profitability analyses.
- Provides recommendations based upon trend analysis and performance vs plan.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics from an accredited College or University required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience in a Financial Analysis role required.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a Sales Analysis role required.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a lead/supervisory role required.
- A minimum of intermediate proficiency with Excel required.
- A minimum of intermediate ability with Microsoft Office Suite (PPT, Word, Outlook) required.
- High concern for detail and accuracy required.
- High level of communication skills, including effective presentation, verbal, and listening skills required.
- Must be able to travel 10 15 percent of work time
- MBA preferred.
- Hyperion (HFM) experience highly preferred.
- Experience with sales reporting or sales planning software highly preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel highly preferred.
- Demonstrated Budgeting & Forecasting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability at reporting to Senior Management preferred.
- Demonstrated success in process improvement techniques preferred.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills preferred.
- Technical Knowledge: Strong understanding of corporate finance and accounting:
- Professional Presentation Skills ability to use PowerPoint to develop fact based presentations.
- Strong Analytical Skills Advanced proficiency with Excel.
- Judgement and Decision Making: Ability to evaluate situations and reach logical conclusions.
- Problem Solving: Propose ideas, find new and better ways of doing things.
- Time Management and Prioritization: Commitment to task and awareness of urgency.
- Planning and Organization: good time management and organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to display diplomacy in day-to-day interactions, to work effectively with internal and external partners to Newell Brands and all its divisions.
- Communication: Strong ability both verbal and written.
About the Company
- Novolex is North America s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- Novolex is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 62 facilities around the globe, including the worlds largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 10,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- The family of historic Novolex brands includes Bagcraft Packaging, Hilex Poly , Fortune Plastics , Duro Bag , De Luxe Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag , International Converter , General Packaging Products, Heritage Bag , Burrows Packaging, Sheilds and The Waddington Group.
- Each of the Novolex brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- Novolex s mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex , have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex , visit our website at: www.novolex.com
Novolex does not publically post salary information on job boards.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
Novolex is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company s application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-###-####.
Novolex is an E-Verify Employer.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
#INDHP #CB #GD #MON #LI-KH1
Associated topics: customer, client, health, inside sales, insurance sales, insurance sales agent, sales, sales associate, sales position, sales professional