The Commercial segment is a leading manufacturer of refuse collection vehicles, front and rear discharge concrete mixers, portable and stationary concrete batch plants, field service vehicles, and truck mounted cranes. All backed by 24/7 support, our segment's brands consist of McNeilus, CON-E-CO, London Machinery, and IMT. Oshkosh Commercial leads it's industries in both innovation & quality.
Oshkosh Commercial is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Responsible for creating, improving, and maintaining effective processes that assist in inventory control, inventory accuracy, metric measurement, and continuous improvement throughout the Materials department. Performs tasks that tie Materials functions together, but also critically analyzes results to drive process improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Raw Material Inventory Control
* Manage the ongoing cycle count process, implement improvements * Reconcile count discrepancies through physical recounts and ERP investigation * Manage critical parts shortages including daily reporting on content, effects, and countermeasures * Identify and disposition excess and obsolete inventory in conjunction with PFEP and Accounting groups * Material Review Board representative for Materials in non-compliant inventory disposition Leadership role during Physical Inventory including collaboration with internal and external auditors
2.Whole Goods Inventory Control
* Responsible for the Whole Goods inventory process, including chassis * Create and maintain processes and cross-functional discipline to relate physical location of chassis and whole goods to the location listed in JD Edwards * Create and maintain the transactional discipline for movement of chassis and whole goods
3. Bill of Material
* Through cycle count reporting and Monthly Highest Adjustment reviews, assist in determining information related to BOM and/or structure issues. Collaborate with various functions to assist in fixing errors.
* Responsible for Planning Bill creation, maintenance, and regeneration to drive MRP planning. Includes systematic and manual updates. * Partner with PFEP and GPSC groups in the setup of MRP planning parameters. Understand and correlate inventory reduction plans and strategies to planning parameters and be able to quantify the risks and rewards.
* Manage existing metrics or create new metrics surrounding
6. Cycle Count Accuracy and Issues Pareto
* Inventory Level and Change * Convert reduction targets into action plans and execute * Analyze areas where performance does not meet expectations and implement solutions
* Bachelor's degree * 4 plus years experience related experience * Must have materials management experience in a manufacturing environment
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be \"U.S. Persons,\" as defined in these regulations. Generally, a \"U.S. Person\" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.