PARKER HANNIFIN With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 49 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S & P 500 index. PARKER AEROSPACE Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world's leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today. In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner. Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parkers success. Principal Power Design Engineer - Electronic Design Engineer specializing in high-current, high-voltage (200A/540V) switching designs, power conversion, and energy storage for aerospace applications. Preferred experience with PFC and DSP based power systems. Experience with various power semiconductor technologies a plus. Will provide technical expertise and leadership in an engineering discipline, product, or systems field. Researches and carries out complex engineering assignments that result in the introduction of new technologies, products, or processes. Contributes to and has responsibility for the completion of significant assignments with broad product, technology, customer, and strategic business impact. Develops and recommends solutions to unique technical challenges. Scope/Supervision and Interaction: Does Not Have Direct Reports Provides technical oversight or direction. May have customer interface to clarify and resolve specific technical issues. Essential Functions: 1. Provides expert technical advice and recommendations, leads internal and customer design reviews, and proposes methodology for problem-solving and analysis on complex design or customer issues. Researches and develops technology with an R & D and product development focus. 2. Provides expert technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning by carefully analyzing and applying advanced engineering and scientific concepts. 3. Communicates and coordinates with other technical resources to provide recommendations, lessons learned, methods for problem-solving, analysis methodology, etc. to maximize contribution to multiple projects or programs. 4. Makes technical proposals and presentations to various internal and customer groups to influence business decisions. Maintains and takes steps to protect company intellectual property. 5. Conducts analyses and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, equipment or processes and completes required documentation by determining required actions, performing or directing completion of tasks and publishing findings and/or results. 6. Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products or systems. Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or conformation by testing is advisable. 7. Investigates, researches, and operationalizes new technologies in specialty or related areas to improve cost and performance by applying advanced engineering design methods, theories, and research techniques. 8. Maintains advanced level of professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, benchmarking best practices, and/or participating in professional associations. 9. Acts as consultant to management on technical and project-related matters. Serves as a functional expert. Identifies mentoring and development needs; serves as a mentor for other employees. Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in engineering or a science technical discipline; Masters degree (MS) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 10-12 years of related power design experience.
- Comprehensive, advanced knowledge of product or domain engineering theories (e.g. mechanical, electronic, packaging, etc.), principles, industry practices, concepts, techniques, government regulations, and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to research, develop, and integrate new technologies.
- Ability to communicate and influence varied audiences to gain support or resolve issues. Makes effective presentations on complex topics to top management, customers, and/or other key stakeholders.
- Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
- Proficient with software and specialized data analysis, and engineering design tools.
- Ability to establish and track performance to goals and objectives to complete complex or major projects and provide direction to the team at project milestones.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or other internal teams. Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions. ('Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor') If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to *************************************************************** and **************************************************************
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...