Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This job is responsible for providing oversight, governance and implementation of the Supply Chain Process, Seven Step Sourcing Process#CD# serving as primary liaison with Suppliers and business unit stakeholders#CD# and managing high risk, complex, and high spend categories within and across business units. In addition, the incumbent may supervise Supply employees.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide oversight and manage categories and associated purchases#CD# perform category spend and risk analysis#CD# and design and implement category and supplier risk mitigation strategies.
- Provide governance direction to contract administrators, procurement and sourcing specialists and other supply personnel, as appropriate, within assigned business and spend categories.
- Define and drive implementation of sourcing, purchasing and category best practices across. Define and implement standard procurement/sourcing practices to improve overall effectiveness#CD# identify current trends and best practices to drive process improvement with stakeholders and secure sponsorship to continuously improve.
- Lead personnel (both within and external to Supply) to achieve objectives across related categories and/or across multiple sourcing initiatives. Prioritize competing needs and assign tasks to support strategic sourcing initiatives and other Supply projects, as appropriate.
- Develop and implement a category plan(s) that defines the strategy for effectively managing the category of spend to meet business unit and Exelon goals#CD# incorporates spend analysis, industry analysis, economic trends, risk analysis and mitigation plans and communication/change management strategies
- May supervise Supply Management personnel.
- Support the Business Units' Emergency Response activities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, science or related field with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience.
- Demonstrated project and change management skills.
- Demonstrated command of Category
(ies) and supply management practices and concepts. Demonstrated understanding of `entire' supply chain and cost drivers.
- Ability to meet and exceed customer requirements while managing multiple projects and competing priorities, including the ability to present and defend positions before executive audiences.
- Demonstrated data analysis capability and the ability to evaluate financial impacts of sourcing decisions.
- Excellent negotiation, conflict management and communication skills. Ability to challenge clients and leadership effectively where appropriate. Strong ability to hold Suppliers accountable for performance
- Ability to effectively navigate in a support organization
- Balancing competing priorities while building and maintaining productive relationships. Ability to constructively manage conflict among stakeholders.
- Demonstrated business acumen, ability to grasp technical requirements and communicate effectively with business unit and corporate personnel in order to meet customer expectations.
- Strong understanding of contract terms and conditions.
- Detailed specific category expertise
- Business Unit experience
- Demonstrated understanding of `entire' Exelon supply chain and cost drivers.
- Oversight and management of Category Spend and/or critical suppliers that require significant risk management and oversight.
- Provide governance, oversight and manage high risk, complex, and high spend material or service categories within an
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor