- $106,420.00 -161,770.00/year*
Healthcare - Physician
48 N Middletown Rd
We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to join the Pfizer-Oncology Research and Development group in Pearl River, NY. The candidate will lead a research project focused on investigating the mechanistic interplay between tumor and stromal cells including immune cells in lung cancer and identify critical factors that promote tumor progression (see Chen et al, Proc Natl Acad Sci USA . 2018 Dec 11; 115(50): E11671-E11680). The candidate will develop novel co-culture assays, in vivo models and in vitro 3D organoid systems. These studies will reveal unique aspects of anti-tumor immunity that will advance the field and serve as a foundation for future immuno-oncology therapies. The ideal applicant will have extensive experience in cancer research, immunology, developmental biology, or related fields. The candidate will have a proven track record of scientific productivity as evidenced by first author publications in prominent journals.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ideal candidate will assume leadership of a basic research project with an ability to design, perform and interpret experiments.
- The main goal will be to develop an understanding of the key molecular mechanisms that interact to simultaneously alter anti-cancer immunity, cell polarity and tissue architecture in lung cancer.
- Characterize in vitro assays and animal models to discovery functions of key oncogenes and the tumor microenvironment (specifically cancer-associated fibroblasts and tumor-infiltrating immune cells) in the regulation of gene expression, aberrant epithelial architectures and immune evasion.
- Identify novel roles of key oncogenes and innate immune sensing in cytokine production, anti-tumor immune responses and immunosuppressive mechanisms.
- The individual will demonstrate a high level of initiative in troubleshooting experiments and will effectively collaborate with other members of the Oncology R&D group.
- The candidate will conduct research that leads to first-author publications in prominent journals and will present data at internal meetings and external conferences.
- PhD degree (within 2 years post-graduate) in Cancer Biology, Developmental Biology, Cell/Molecular Biology, Immunology or related field.
- Proven track record of productivity in research.
- Self-motivated and able to work as a team player in a highly interactive and multi-disciplinary research environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral communication.
- Mammalian cell culture, including primary serum-free and stem cell culture
- Standard cell and molecular biology techniques
- Standard immunology techniques
- Immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy
- Flow cytometry, including fluorescence-activated cell sorting
- 3D spheroid/organotypic culture systems
- CRISPR and shRNA/siRNA-mediated gene knockdown/knockout
- Gene expression profiling
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer. Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: ancmg, aoa, hem onc, hematology, lah, oncology, palliative, physician md do, radiation, thedacare
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...