Associate Scientist I - Toxicology - Rockville - 20851
98 Cedar Ct
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Associate Scientist I - Toxicology
+ location:Rockville, MD
+ salary:$20 - $20.50 per hour
+ date posted:Monday, February 11, 2019
+ experience:Entry Level
+ job type:Temporary
+ industry:Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Associate Scientist I - Toxicology
Randstad Corporate Services in partnership with MilliporeSigma is actively seeking an Associate Scientist I to join their Toxicology team at their location in Rockville, MD. Randstad Corporate Services is known for our desire and ability to match people with companies and positions that will develop their potential. Our relationship with MilliporeSigma is no exception. MilliporeSigma is a leader in the life science community, providing products and services to the growing biopharmaceutical industry. By harnessing passion and innovation we are able to help researchers and drug producers around the world.
Why Work With Us?
Pay: Competitive Pay commensurate on experience
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, short term disability, 401k after 90 days of service
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Opportunities: Randstad provides temporary, temporary-to-hire and permanent positions each week to over 100,000 people through its network of more than 900 branches and on-site locations.
About the Job:
- Follow SOPs and relevant compliance regulations in regards to safety procedures, documentation, and scientific responsibility
- Demonstrate consistently good communication and interpersonal skills with other employees, management and clients (where applicable)
- Use and maintain scientific equipment, instrumentation and computer systems
- Understand/apply the pertinent safety SOPs for proper use of the Chemical Repository and handling of potentially toxic substances
- Perform procedures for receiving, logging-in and storing test articles and positive controls
- Perform solubility and miscibility determinations on test articles
- Carry out procedures for the accurate and safe measurement of solid and liquid test articles
- Perform procedures for the return of test articles and dosing solution samples
- Perform procedures for the proper disposal of neat test articles and hazardous waste
- Perform procedures for domestic and international shipment of test articles and dosing solutions.
- Maintain all required records for the measurement, return and disposal of test articles and dosing solution samples
- Maintain the Chemical Repository by following the cleaning schedules and performing the weighing balance sensitivity checks
- Maintain training file in accordance with Division standard ?? Supports all process improvement activities performed to enhance the LIMS system
- Supports projects that fall within the iNet program
- Serves as alternate archivist responsible for measuring and storing archive samples only
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
As an ideal candidate you will have-.
--Prior sample handling experience
--Prior laboratory experience
For consideration you must have??
- BA/BS in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics
- 0-3 year's experience
Make sure your resume is up to date and apply! Thank you and we look forward to connecting with you!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. Associated topics: antibody, cytometry, drug discovery, immuno oncology, injury, microbiological, nephrology, therapy, toxicologist, vaccine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.