Requisition ID 133686BR Date updated 02/19/2019
The Manager of Subcontracts will be responsible for the overall subcontract management activities associated with the Cobham and GD suppliers. These activities would include supplier relationship management, supplier performance, program alignment, and establishment of complex business agreements/high dollar subcontracts in support of Department of Defense and Government Sale.
The Manager of Subcontracts is responsible for providing consistent oversight and evaluation of Cobham and GD performance, including cost, schedule, quality, and technical performance. The Subcontract Specialist will monitor the overall performance and reporting of the subcontractor's daily activities to support the achievement of prime contract requirements and program goals; ensuring continual assessment of risks and opportunities; and supporting active management of these to achieve flawless program execution. There is also terms and conditions negotiations involved in this role as well as understanding creative contracting avenues that support Programs requirements.
The ideal candidate will draw from extensive program/subcontract management experience to ensure effective subcontractor execution in alignment with program objectives.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage flexibly priced contracts in a compliant and effective manner
* Analyze quotations/proposals to perform complete price/cost analysis techniques
* Perform risk analysis, develop mitigation plans, and develop solutions to problems utilizing ingenuity, creativity and innovation
* Lead formal Negotiations as well as developing negotiation strategies
* Develop plans to promote cost reduction initiatives and performance improvements to drive flawless supplier execution for RMS programs
* Maintain Training in all Subcontracting requirements
* Placement of purchase orders that are of high Complexity
* Maintain compliance with Federal and State Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
* Utilize project management skills and business acumen to develop complex strategic sourcing and pricing agreements
* Ability to travel to locations and awareness of safe travelling best practices
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar position which may include progressive work in a contract/subcontract, procurement, purchasing, supply chain or buyer/supplier related role.
* Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
* Experience in complex cost/price analysis techniques in support of negotiation strategies
* Experience interfacing and communicating with all levels within an organization as well as managing teams (Team of 5, IPT Team)
* Strong written, verbal and listening skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, Business or other related field
Desired Experience, Skills & Education:
* Experience placing subcontracts and managing contract performance.
* Working knowledge of Raytheon's Supply Chain policies/procedures and Export/Import Requirements.
* Supply Chain certification (CPM, CPSM, CPIM, APICS, etc.)
* Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Operations Management or any major related to the job description
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any any other protected factor 133686
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.