Schneider Electric? creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Systems USA Inc. is a global technology, software and consulting organization leading significant change in process manufacturing, plant optimization, business operations and enterprise performance. Our solutions help to automate plants and facilities and allow a wide range of personnel to receive and respond to changes in conditions more quickly and effectively. Thereby keeping their operations running efficiently and safely. Primary customer industries include Refining and Petrochemicals, Upstream Oil and Gas, Pharmaceuticals and Fine Chemicals, and Power and Utilities.
We are seeking a Project Industrialization Leader to join our Industrialization Group whose mission is to manage new product launch in multiple North American and international sites while insuring compliance to Schneider Electric's OCP (Offer Creation Process), PMP (Project Management Process), and industrialization activities.
Project Industrialization Leader (PIL) required to oversee the implementation of new products (offers) into volume manufacture. Once implemented the candidate would be expected to provide support for their peers who would manage the offer during its life cycle.
The PIL would be expected to project manage the team that is assigned to implementing the offer and provide a link between the implementation team (Industrialization), R&D and the manufacturing facility (GSC).
The PIL would be expected to manage multiple offers in a fast-paced environment and liaise with external contract manufacturers during the development/implementation phase of the project.
Needs to be willing to challenge design proposals from a DFM perspective
Duties include but are not limited to,
- Developing manufacturing feasibility assessments (timescales and costs associated with a project)
- Design for manufacture assessments of both the product and the PCBA
- Developing work breakdown structures and project plans
- Hold and minute meetings to ensure that a quality project is delivered on time and to budget
- Liaise and negotiate between all parties to ensure a quality project can be delivered against competing demands.
- Develop production line layout and facilities based on project requirements taking into account all safety and ergonomic requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement based on lean principles
- Organize and manage manufacturing prototype and pilot runs
- Develop where required and manage where not all the outputs required to allow transfer of the offer to the GSC manufacturing site.
- Actively participate in or PFMEA sessions
- Liaise with external contract manufacturers to ensure all PCBA and parts are implemented and delivered to the specified standard
- Actively participate in project progress meetings
- Fostering open communication between all stakeholders.
- Provide regular updates on project progress to stakeholders outside of the project development.
- Willingness to travel (nationally & internationally) from time-to-time .
Able to offer valuable input towards continuously improving Business QualificationsExperience/Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Design for manufacture experience for products.
- Design of production manufacturing facilities
- Able to demonstrate through example evidence of project management
- Able to demonstrate through example management of a team from a project perspective.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Associated topics: chemical engineer, circuit, database, develop, design, drawing, electrical, mechanical engineer, software, wiring