- SMS Data Products Group
Customer Service/Call Center
SMS is a fast growing, veteran-owned business that's has supported Federal Government's IT initiatives for over four decades. We work side-by-side with our Federal clients as a trusted, long-term partner to offer innovative advice and leadership to solve their most pressing and complex problems. We orchestrate people, strategies, technologies and best-of-breed business processes. The SMS advantage in management and technology consulting includes deep domain expertise in complex networking design and unifying communities of interest.
We have strong capabilities in design & build, planning, governance, quality management, security, analytics, virtualization, operations and business process improvement. For 40 years, SMS has brought customer satisfaction to Federal clients and formed lasting alliances with leading technology companies and talented small businesses to deliver joint, leading-edge, cost-effective services and products.
SMS is seeking a candidate to operate as part of a base-level, contracted, enterprise IT Communications Focal Point (CFP) team. The Problem Management and Service Delivery lead is responsible for managing the lifecycle of all enterprise problems that rise above tier 1 and tier 2 base-level solution sets. The primary objectives of this position are to ensure Service Incidents, that are tier 3 in nature, are identified, assigned, and actioned appropriately within the AFNet and BLITS contract metrics, and to minimize the impact of such Incidents through effective solution management and clarity of communications through the Communications Focal Point to the Client Service Center and appropriate local back-shops.
- Minimize the impact of unavoidable incidents, through lessons learned, knowledge base updates, and strategic communications
- Determine effective solutions, to include temporary and/or workaround solutions, for assigned incidents.
- Develop, test, and communicate effective and workable final solutions for identified enterprise level errors.
- Perform trend analysis of important services or historical incidents.
- Document, update, and communicate new processes and changed processes as they evolve within the AFNet and/or contractual parameters
- Capture and update all assigned service incidents and service requests in applicable AF ticketing systems.
- Manage Incidents according to contract metric thresholds while providing premier customer service delivery.
- Professionally interact with leaders, managers, staff, and customers (internal / external, contract, civilian or military) to help resolve customer problems as required.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) determinations and formal reporting
- Expert with Windows 10 including analysis of system and event logs
- Tier II/III desktop support experience
- Working Knowledge of Active Directory
- Working Knowledge of Group Policies
- Working knowledge of PKI authentication
- Working Knowledge of Multifunction Printers
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2013/ 2016
- General knowledge of Knowledge Base Service practices
- Must have and display critical thinking and leadership skills for a wide array of enterprise IT problem identifications and resolutions
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write timely and accurate executive style technical communications
- As this is also a front line customer facing position, strong soft skills and project management skills are required
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to interpret and follow applicable internal and external policies and procedures
- Self-driven and ability to work independently, yet report and up channel situational awareness, and take guidance and redirection, as required, by leadership
- Manage relationships with other process management teams to provide a consistent delivery framework
- Working knowledge of Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) client operations and backend server architectures and applications desired
- Proficient with BMC Remedy application suites
- Familiar with Dameware Remote Access Software
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree desired and 8 years of experience, 10-12 years experience without degree
- ITIL v3/4 certification, or formal training in ITIL/ITSM plus equivalent work experience
- IAT Level II CompTIA Security + CE or Higher Certification required (valid certification on day one of employment)
- Active Secret Level DoD Security Clearance required (ability to get clearance with waiver possible if background check shows potential)
- CompTia A + Certification a plus
- CompTia Network + Certification a plus
- HDI Problem Management Professional certification a plus
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SMS is a veteran-owned network integrator established in 1976. With an employee retention rate averaging over 5 years, our ability to hire quality people and retain them in a rapidly evolving IT market proves why we are a world-class information technology company. At SMS, we place a high value on quality of service, customer satisfaction, and best-of-breed policies and practices. As a result, SMS is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 Registered and a CMMI Level 3 certified company, ensuring that we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, partners and employees.
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: deskside, desktop, help desk, pc, support analyst, support specialist, systems administrator, technician, technician i, technician iv
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...