20 Woodside Ave
Tameer is seeking a dynamic and hard-working individual to join our team as an Estimator. Tameer is a fast growing company working in the tri-state area and specializing in installing and servicing air condition, heating, ventilation, & refrigeration for residential, commercial and government sector. The HVAC Estimator is responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that all items required are completed to successfully bid and win projects.
We're looking for someone who answers an enthusiastic \"Yes!\" to...
- Do you have at least 2 years of recent Estimating, Draftsman, Project management or Designing of HVAC experience?
- Are you tech savvy and enjoy using technology to find and implement solutions?
- Do you have an internal need to improve and can you motivate and inspire your team to do so as well?
- Are you an organized self-starter who's got the self-confidence to problem solve, operate strategically, and act as a team builder?
- Responsible for cost estimating for all sorts HVAC/R systems
- Works closely with Operations to determine budgeting and strategic goals for estimating activities and business development opportunities
- Interfaces with Project Managers to ensure that projects are delivered per estimates and consistently refining the estimating formulas
- Keep accurate database of prospective projects
- Assist in preparing Bids
- Assist as needed in other Estimating Department activities
- Communicate with vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost-effective solutions.
- Ensures that we have the proper coverage from subcontractors on bid day.
- Aggressively follows-up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received.
- Ensures all bids are priced correctly by subcontractors and vendors i.e. Tax Exempt.
- Confirm pricing received reflects the correct scope of work.
- Submits bids and budgets by the bid deadline.
- Review blueprints and accurately delineate the scope of work required for the project.
- Consistently follows up on submitted bids and budgets with GC to close business.
- Perform all Bid walkthrough
- Negotiate Change Orders
- Create brief summary of the project
- Min 2 years of experience with HVAC, plumbing, and sprinkler estimating
- Degree in Mechanical engineering or HVAC design draftsman's.
- Proven project estimating success
- Ability to collaborate across functions to manage cost and price factors that influence customer acquisition, retention, and revenue
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Advanced knowledge of estimating strategies and techniques
- Knowledge of estimating software programs and EXCEL
- Professional, ethical, and a team player willing to grow with the company
- Adaptability 'the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
How to Apply
If you're interested in joining our team please email your resume and a cover letter that contains a short story of when you had a really deep sense of satisfaction of a \"job well done\" and what you did to get it. You can email these in PDF format to ...@tameernyc.com with the subject line \"Junior Estimator.\"
Tameer, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity and do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, citizenship, mental or physical handicap or disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
commercial hvac estimator, estimator, estimate, hvac sales, hvac commercial,commercial sales, estimator jobs
Associated topics: air, air filter, batt, heat, meter, refrigeration, repair, thermograph, vent, ventilation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...