Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Growing Media Process Engineer! This position may be based out of our Corporate Headquarters in Marysville, OH or any of our manufacturing sites in the Northeast Region.
The Process Engineer is responsible for providing technical support for multiple manufacturing facilities within a region and will lead focused, proactive problem solving efforts to improve plant manufacturing processes.
In this role you will:
* Serve as a technical liaison for all levels of the company including production associates, maintenance associates, operations leadership, and corporate engineering
* Develop technical mastery within self and others for key manufacturing equipment (process and packaging)
* Create and maintain equipment documentation including: Clean, Inspect Lube Standards, Process Centerlines, Maintenance Standards, troubleshooting guides and training material
* Develop/deliver technical training for various levels of the organization
* Work closely with cross-functional teams to solve problems, optimize output and reduce costs
* Diagnose technical problems, identify short and long-term solutions using Root Cause Analysis tools (Fishbone, 5-Why, FMEA, and other tools) and facilitate the implementation of solutions
* Identify common loss themes across facilities; provide and support implementing solutions
* Partner with Plant Managers to execute manufacturing improvement plans
* Both lead and provide support for reliability project efforts
* Champion efforts to drive out manufacturing variation by analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and leading implementation of appropriate solutions
* Develop and maintain rapid changeover standards
* Participate in development and prioritization of capital requests
* Lead the identification of bottlenecks at manufacturing facilities and facilitate implementation of solutions to optimize each production line
* Participate in the review and development of production line standards
* Establish accurate routed standards at each facility
The perfect person will have:
* B.S. in Engineering (Packaging, Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical), or equivalent
* Minimum 3 years operating in a manufacturing environment with experience of driving reliability improvements
* Recognized technical abilities and practical experience with strong capabilities in the following areas: * Theory/functionality of manufacturing systems and unit operations
* Continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Root Cause Analysis, Quick Changeover/SMED, Process Centerlines)
* Statistics and analytical methods, Process measurement and control
* Change management
* Ability to use current PC-based software (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, Project, etc.)
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.