Distribution Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Under the direction of the Regional Operations Manager (ROM), manage, through subordinate supervisors, the entire operation of the distribution center.
- Responsible for facility productivity by conducting daily labor planning exercise. Ensure Labor Management System (LMS) is being utilized consistently. Manages facility profile and capacity.
- Ensures compliance to OSHA, DOT, DHS, ISO, VAWD, and corporate standards by maintaining housekeeping, security, maintenance, Rx scrap/waste process, and other applicable areas.
- Perform daily gap assessment of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and formulate plan to close gaps. KPI areas include Safety/Cost/Quality/Service metrics.
- Provides leadership for departmental supervisors. Ensure new employee training and onboarding is conducted to appropriate standard.
- Ensure monthly employee communication meetings are conducted.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/PPI
- Executes process improvement initiatives and collects data for future PPI projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering, Logistics Management or related field or relevant equivalent industry experience.
- Previous management experience in a high volume automated distribution center to include experience with conveyors and parcel sortation systems.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess the interpersonal and presentational skills to be able to interact with various levels of Thermo Fisher personnel & customers.
- Must possess strong analytical problem solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way. Must be able to apply principles of logic to define areas of opportunities collects data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications and have general WMS experience.
- Role model leader with ability to lead with the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position (has/has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Loading some great jobs for you...